Galaxy Hotel
US$191
US$153
US$115
Sofitel
Holiday Inn Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$92
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$88
Trip.com
US$228
US$205
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
Agoda.com
US$254
2,806 results
All reviewswave pooldiamond lobbycrystal lobbygrand resort deckfree mini barartificial beachman made beachfood courtother hotelsroyal suitetaipa villageshuttle busamazing hotelcakethe banyan treehong konghotel room
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Most hotel complexes in Macau house casinos and they are pretty much designed around casinos!
Galaxy is no different. Huge huge complex with reasonably priced restaurants, shops and a great outdoor wave pool (reputedly the biggest in the region).
Complete shuttle service to many destinations in Macau but the hotel has yet to systematically use the right sized bus for the right destinations, leading to long queus in some and empty busses in others.
And remember that the shuttle embarkation station is not in the front of the hotel!

Room Tip: Extra bed in room is OK - with still space to move around. Rooms are decent sized.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Was not impressed with this hotel from the time we checked until the time we left. We were herded like cattle everywhere we went, whether it was at check in (took hours to finally get in the door of our room); lining up for a bus... or check out! The hotel was full and the staff appeared to be quite frazzled and stressed. I never saw a manager in sight. Their offices were obviously far too cosy. Have also noted that they do not respond to the feedback offered by customers on Trip Advisor. This shows the level of arrogance that you will be sure to experience at this hotel. I regret staying there and WOULD NOT do it again, nor would I recommend it. I am angry that my many hours of research on the interrnet saw me paying a hefty price at this tacky, Chinese gambler-geared and cheesy hotel. This place will age quickly before the next best thing comes along in Macau...Also, I need to add that I agree with everything said by the previous reviewer. There was a lot of rain on one day whilst we were there and there were no umbrellas in the room and I did not want to join a 45 minute queue to ask for one. Staff also did nothing in terms of going out of their was when we came back drenched....Finally, bathroom products were gross and cheap! On a more positive note, the wave pool is now open and it is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear jojoooshka,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. We acknowledge that there are aspects of the operation where need to make changes in order to improve the overall guest experience. We hope to welcome you again to demonstrate to you the products we offer that match to our reputation.

Sincerely yours,
Nathan Yu
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Magnificent hotel, but it lacks the basic thing - service.

It was pouring very heavily, and there was no sheltered route from the bus stop to the hotel. I had to run to the hotel, all drenched. There were a lot of staff standing by, but NONE of them approach me to see if I need help, or at least point me to the washroom. Perhaps I was unlucky, but for the first few washroom that I went to, the hand dryers were spoilt. There is also no shops in Galaxy that sell clothes for me to have a change, without being too upscale. When I came out of the toilet, staff and other guests were staring at me. I wish at least one of the staff can point me to a working dryer, or at least asked if I need help or a towel.

Rooms are alright. Expensive, but location is good. Opposite galaxy is the old village, so there is a lot of great local food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Danny O
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for posting your review. I am so sorry that you were not properly assisted by our team member. We thrive to make our guests feel welcomed at all times and obviously we have failed this time with you. Please accept our apologies and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further. I can assure you your comments are being dealt with and we hope to welcome you back soon.Sincerely yours,

Nathan Yu
Guest Care Manager
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Booked the Galaxy for 1 night with family and friends for a celebration trip.

As it has been a few years ago, I wanted to see the Cotai strip and all of its new hotels and casinos. And we were amazed by all the glitz and glam it offered. Hotels in the area were amazingly large in size and the shuttle bus system connecting hotels, harbours and tourist spots with each other is genius and very convenient.

Main entrance had a wow-factor with the crystal fountain changing colors every moment. Check-in at the Galaxy went chaotic and was too long, no smiles or courtesy gestures in between.
Rooms:
Rooms are of a good size with a nice bathroom, interior had a luxury feel with a comfortable bed. We had our rooms on the 30th floor with an okay view. Lots of rooms with long hallways, might feel a bit impersonal as everything is so massive.
Facilities:
The big Skywave pool was closed due to maintenance and winter season (such a shame!). The other pool was of good size with comfortable temperature to swim in even during colder days. As we stayed only 1 night we didn't have time to visit the other facilities, but they looked promising.
Restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet, with a good spread and selection.
Just outside the hotel was of course the casino - which we only walked pass, but also many stores and restaurants to enjoy. On the other side of the hotel were the shuttle buses stationed to drop you off to nearly every location nearby.
Cons:
we had several issues with the staff and room cleanliness. After addressing the problem, albeit to multiple members of staff and managers, the problems were eventually solved in the end to satisfaction.

Overall, we had a good stay at the Galaxy, good value for money, and would consider staying again when we return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KYAtAdam
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Despite a few issues with check-in (language barrier, perhaps), we had a great stay here.
Sure the lobby is rather tacky and wayy too much of a perfume scent. But once you get to the lovely scented room hallways, the loudness and tackiness disappears.
Bed is super comfortable, shower is fantastic and the view from our 30th floor room - amazing.
My favorite part about this hotel -- the grounds. Beautiful, serene gardens. True resort feel. Loved the pools and the wave pool you have to see to believe.
If you want something different (and at a very fair rate), stay here!

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple