A rather tired hotel, staffed by personnel dressed in light green cheap-looking zip-fronted anoraks. Only occasionally was there a commissionaire to open the (heavy) glass doors. The concierges were EXCELLENT however - very helpful, and good local knowledge. The duty manager at night had his head in the clouds, or somewhere, and spoke poor English.
In general the staff were graceless.
Shuttle buses, starting at 8.00 a.m., every 30 minutes. Last one about 10.00 p.m.
Our room was large but awkward - only ONE armchair. The windows did not open, the air conditioning was a bit punishing. A very limited selection of TV channels. A VERY slippery bath-tub! The bed was good and firm, though. The rooms are not sound-proofed (nor are the bathrooms). Noise from neighbours when in their rooms and in the corridor.
Buffet breakfast the same old the same old - but poor selection of fruit and frowning, brusque staff. A cook who spat on to the floor of the kitchen while cooking, another who, each time after frying eggs, wiped the inside of the pan and the gas ring with the same cloth!!
Got a low room rate from HotelClub (watch out - no refunds or cancellations - you lose everything!!) but still felt rather uninspired by the whole place.
They charge HK$/MOP 40 for 30-minute use of the internet on their (two) computers in the "Business Centre".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the new business district, the Holiday Inn Macau is the only international four-star property in this vibrant city. Close to both the Macau-Hong Kong Ferry Terminal and the city centre, the hotel is accessible by public transportation. With its recent refurbishment, the hotel has a contemporary design providing a very friendly and casual atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, IHG, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Macau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Macau Hotel Macau
- Macau Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Macau Peninsula
- Macau Peninsula Holiday Inn