All reviewseducational restauranthomemade jamsferry terminalfree shuttlecotai stripifttaxifortressirontyphoon
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Locating on a small hill in old town, Pousada de Mong-Ha is a bit far from the hot spots in Macau. By the way, serenity, Portuguese Classic Decoration, tidiness and nice services encouraging me to stay here if I will have a trip to Macau in future.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank ecnethk
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have been a member of Trip Advisor for a long time and apart from one post have not been motivated to post again. Our stay at the Pousada was very enjoyable and I feel obliged to add to the already many complimentary posts. I confirmed for myself the excellent value and the good service offered, in particular by the supervisory staff. I asked for a room on a higher floor because the ground level room was damp and had a musty odour. Contrary to other posts I did not find the Pousada to be out of the way, we took the shuttle bus and returned by taxi. Sometimes we would take the shuttle from the various casinos to the ferry and take the taxi from there. The hotel restaurant represents excellent value in a very modern setting. While we had one or two meals in the neighbourhood we found dining at the casinos to be superior and also representing better value. To our surprise we found the best restaurants to be at the old and the new Lisboa. The French restaurant there was okay but the Chinese Restaurant Eight and the Noodle Restaurant at the Grand Lisboa was sensational. I did go up the hill to try to do some tai-chi; unfortunately almost all the good spaces were spoken for. That's when I realised the hotel has it's own private herbal garden and a location there to do tai-chi without disturbing anyone. Breakfast at the Pousada was wonderful as well. Not much else to add except to book in advance to ensure you have a room.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the lowest level
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Etienne8
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Huge rooms, nice view, great service with a smile and a lot of care. You even have a pc and a free wifi in the room.
Breakfast included with nice variety and mada to order eggs.
Well worth staying eventhough out of the turistic zones ( it's an advantage in Macau )
Let go the amazing restaurant they have, and the 10% off you get there as the hotel guests.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Molcodr
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I love this hotel! It is the small things that make it wonderful, such as a free gift of cookies in the evening and the fact that the rooms are tidied in the evenings as well as in the mornings. The service is brilliant- highly professional, warm and enthusiastic. I love the portugese architectural touches in the hotel, like the blue and white tiles. The hotel even has its own herb garden!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank moscavolpone
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early May. We had read several reviews so were looking forward to our stay. We were certainly not disappointed; we loved the place! The staff were courteous, friendly and very helpful. The decor was lovely - charming colours, restful designs and tasteful rooms. The breakfast room, in the hotel, and the dining room, in the institute, were amazing - great food, beautiful dishes, super staff. We loved meeting the students who were being trained there. The grounds and surrounding park both provided a quiet oasis. In the evening, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the deck and sipping a glass of wine!

Room Tip: book early as this place is popular
Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple