“Quiet Location In Macau For Family Visit”
Review of Pousada de Mong-Ha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Pousada de Mong-Ha
Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was a great hotel for a visit with our son, his wife and our 5 month old grandson. The staff is very accommodating and had a crib all set up for the baby. I was a little disappointed that the restaurant was not open on the weekend. It is a teaching/training hotel and restaurant, but the tourism industry doesn't stop on weekends. Part of learning to work in the tourism industry is that you work on Saturday and Sunday because that is when many visitors travel. I also thought the fountain areas in the hotel could have been enjoyed by guests if chairs and tables were provided. This would have been a great area for our family to sit and visit. The breakfast was excellent, but we were almost done before they asked us if we would like eggs cooked to order.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank susnee

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My hubby and I were both very impressed with their great customer service. All the staff are very kind and helpful. The room is very nicely decorated and equipped with all the basic necessity. The facilities in the room are even more complete than many 5 stars hotels. Do you ever find any standard room equipped with a desktop with wifi connectivity? This is the only one!
Beside this, they are also very considerate to give you an option on your favorite pillow. There is a small note on the bed written " In order to ensure you can enjoy your sleep during your stay, we have prepared 3 types of pillow for your choice, 1. The feather pillow (soft) which is on the bed. 2. The sponge pillow (medium soft) which is located in the wardrobe. 3. The sponge pillow (hard) on your request.
During the breakfast, my hubby feedback to the waiter that the salami tasted rotten, they immediately removed it from the service table and checked. It showed that they accepted and take the guest's feedback seriously.
The only negative point is the location. It's located on a hillside and far from the tourist attractions. Hence, the public transportation is hardly reach to their door. The only option you have is to take a taxi ride. If you take a bus, be prepared to hike for a short distance. :-)

Room Tip: I don't see a lift in the hotel, so if you prefer not to climb the staircase, you can request fo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ValerieYik
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is my first time here and really got addicted the atmosphere here. The beakfast provided here was quite good quality, particularly it let the guest feeling comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank audrey-Tam
Reviewed 14 May 2012

There is a reason why this hotel is always over booked, and also awarded the 2012 Trip Advisor award for the hotel of the year.

I should not go into the impeccable service of these hotel as I trust that previous reviews have more than covered that! What really stands out is that the excellent service is from within and not those plastic smiles that you get from 5 Star hotels. In fact, I can easily point out another 5 star hotel which has a lot to learn from this place. (See my review on hotel santiago.)

In short:
1. Location: Like many, the location is not near the casino strip. This hotel is more suitable for those that want to experience Macau, the old Macau and the Macau that has to offer more than the neon lights of the casinos and if you are one of those, then perfect!

The location can be a little difficult to find even if you follow the map provided. After getting off from Bus 12 from the Macau Ferry Terminal, this is where the difficult or maybe challending part. I guess I am not too good at reading maps and even if you ask locals, not many will know of this hotel.

So, my advice is to be patient as it does take a while to locate this hotel and if you can't wait, then definitely not the place for you. But, good things come to people who wait and it is after the long walk then you realised it is all worth it!

You too need to walk up quite a steep slop about 10-15minutes walk before you reach the hotel.

2. Room and Service: Impeccable and nothing more I can say. Just love the room, only regret was I wished I could have stayed on for another night but all rooms are fully booked.

3. Reservation: They do not have an website, so call and book. No problems with that, confirmation was efficient and the no issues with getting to the reservation desk. But remember to BOOK EARLY! As they have very limited rooms and I can only imagine that this hotel will get more and more popular.

To sum it all, I will definitely stay here again!

And you have to TRY the restaurant next door, very good value for money. Oh and complimentary breakfast was good, standard international buffett style but I think its good for me. I am not expecting an spread.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ahchu
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My wife and I travel a lot and we have stayed in several places in Macau. This is the BEST! I hesitate to write the truth about how wonderful this place and the staff is, because it is already VERY popular. The rooms were very nice, clean, large, and quiet. Breakfast was good and filling with eggs cooked to order. The attached restaurant had great food and great prices for its quality. However, as usual, it is the people who make a place like this more than just a building with comfortable beds. The staff here went WAY beyond nice and helpful. We stayed 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago and when I asked my wife where in the world she wanted to go for her birthday, yup we leave in 2 weeks to return.

I can not make a higher recommendation.

I do however have a suggestion. Talk to the staff. Not just with a request, but tell them what you did that day, what you liked, where you are from, ask them the same. As a school for the hospitality industry many of the young staff may be away from home and nighttime at the front desk can be boring. These people not only deserve it, but like most folks treat them nicely and it will be returned. Heck, this staff would treat you great and offer a smile when they are dead tired and you may not have been all that nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I tried to book this hotel many times but not successful because one month booking in advance is normal if you want to stay here during weekend. This time, I booked 5 weeks before arrival but only got 1 night confirmed. Luckily I was in waiting list and hotel later replied there is a room available. Therefore, if you really want to stay in this hotel, you must book it very early.
This hotel is nice. But don't think there is 5 star decoration and amenities. However, students always provide their best service to fulfill your request.
Breakfast is included in the room rate. Taste is very good althought not many choices.
They have scheduled shuttle bus to ferry terminal and downtown, but no return service. Frankily, location of this hotel is a bit far from city centre. It is not so easy to catch a taxi in Macau now. Sometimes, we have to take bus to hotel nearby and walk uphill to arrive hotel. If you don't really like walking, this hotel may not suit you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bird-Bird-Blogger
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Beautiful and wonderful hotel managed by friendly students of the Institute for Tourism Studies. Rooms are great and comfortable and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's just a 5 minutes walk up the hill to Pousada. The hotel is surounded by green foliage and parks. Rooms are limited so remember to book early.

Enjoyed our 4 nights peaceful and comfortable stay. The breakfast were good with an acceptable spread.

Free shuttle are provided but booking with reception are necessary. Public transportation are easily available and about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Eateries and shops are also 10 minutes walk and 3 streets away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family