“And Cake!”

The Sound Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cregneash
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished and under new Management from March 2107, The Cafe at the Sound offers full length windows giving you a full view of the Calf of Man and surrounding countryside. A family business, where the food and service really count. Plenty of parking and easy access to the building, public toilets available. The Sound has around 60 seals living on the rocks and often you can see lots other types of wild life. The resteraunt seats around 80 inside and 30 outside and plenty of open space to use, walk and relax on. Dogs are welcome on the outside seating areas. We have a full bar available with beer on tap. The restaurant is available to hire for functions after 7pm at night, as we are open to the public every day accept Christmas day. The food is all freshly prepared and where we can we use local produce. We have a large selection of Cakes which are all home made. The Chef and owner Sam can cater for special dietary requirements. Rebecca heads up the front of house (and is married to the chef). We feel it has one of the best views on the Island and would love to have you come visit us.
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We had crab baguettes and it was delicious. Freshly made and served quickly, they didn't skimp on the crab and good bread too. We went to investigate cakes, spoilt for choice but chose scones, nothing dainty about these big boys. Served with jam and cream.
Only slight disappointment was the jam - tuny plastic tub portion . A. Not enough for these lovely large scone and with all good quality jams about I think a better option could be found.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Sat outside watching the tide turn and eating delicious cakes that look very homemade. Worth the effort to get there.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I went to Calf of Sound café, beautiful views of Calf of Man, and surrounding area. Staff very friendly and polite, very good atmosphere. Café clean and plenty of seating.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

By boyfriend brought me here on our first day at i.o.m
We are only here for 4 days and already been here twice.
Views for dayssss!!!!! Amazing food! Extra friendly staff who couldn't do enough for me (fussiest eater ever)
Might come back again today haha
HIGHLY RECCOMEND!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We went today for a snack and when I got home found where I had been sitting close to the table edge, my top was covered in jam. It may be a good idea wipe the tables down a bit more thoroughly. Luckily I did take off my jacket.

2  Thank BusymeBritishIsles