US$126
US$165
US$157
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Hotel Oase(Bad Ischl)
US$346
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$336
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a 500 year building. We had a great time here. We were travelling with kids and the host kindly changed our room to a larger one. The hotel is filled with antique furniture which was very interesting.

We enjoyed the free wifi, great location - right next to the station and about 100 metres to the town centre.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NewDelhiSaurabh
Reviewed July 29, 2015

If you are arriving by train this hotel / b&b is as convenient as it gets as its just a stone's throw away from Bad Ischll's train station. However, if you have lots of luggage and lack a car, the walk up the long and very steep driveway will leave you wondering if you could have done better. Anyways, we arrived at reception barely able to catch our breath and it looked like the hotel was closed for business, until an adolescent boy turns up out of nowhere and starts taking care of our check in. He had a reasonable working knowledge of English which made the checking in process smooth. Then out of the deep shadows of the rather gloomy reception (we arrived in the middle of the afternoon and the sun was bright and hot outside) a man turns up and oversees the adolescent. I just assumed the kid was under training. The man makes a few clever comments about the walk up being good for exercise and we can skip the gym for a few days. If I wasnt weary from travel I might have appreciated his quirky sense of humour but I certainly did not appreciate it then but I chose not to make an issue. They helped us with a map and a few helpful tips of what to see and do around this lovely Austrian town which we were already beginning to fall in love with. As mentioned previously, the decor of this hotel is eclectic with heads of game animals lining the walls and various other strange pieces of furnishing and decoration. Im big on wooden furnishing and finishing so I totally loved the ambience of this hotel. The fact that it was nestled within a well kept garden and hidden from the rest of the town with awesome views of the surrounding hills made this a very cosy and warm place to stay. The layout of the room was odd and the lack of air conditioning in the midst of summer made it very uncomfortable. Sadly, the staff, including the management of the hotel, lacked the warmth and welcome the hotel itself possessed which robbed it for me. The folks of this town were generally pleasant and welcoming which makes me wonder if the folks from this hotel were from Vienna or some other place where they lack the requisite graces to make a visitor feel welcome. The souring of our experience at this hotel, began with my brief chat with said adolescent cum reception manager regarding our check out time for the following day and he was kind enough to let us know that even though the sign at the reception said check out was at 11am it was not an issue if we wanted to check out half an hour later. If you are going to place someone to manage the reception of your hotel its safe for a guest to presume that he has the authority to make such representations. Relying upon this we planned our following morning accordingly since our train ride was only due well past noon. We were rudely interrupted by a pounding on our door at 10.50am and a gruff female voice announcing loudly that we need to vacate by 11am. We scrambled to pack and head down with our luggage in 10mins. When I informed the grumpy and miserable looking lady at the front desk what we were informed the day before I was told in a very rude tone and manner that I should not rely on what a teenager tells me and that she did not care (her exact words) what other hotels have accommodated and that 11am departure means 11am departure. Frankly, and quite unfortunately my experience at this hotel leaves alot to be desired and this is largely premised on the rude and arrogant attitude of those who run this place. The only reason I have avoided giving this place a terrible/1 star rating is because the location and the property itself are great but both of those are marred by the poor and miserable attitude of the folks that manage this hotel. They have a lot to learn about what hospitality actually entails! Perhaps a trip to any Asian city could serve as a useful crash course.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gypsyesprit
Reviewed June 10, 2015

We wanted to explore Salzkammergut area and since we did not have a car, we chose Bad ischl as our base. This hotel was perfect for our purpose. Right next to the bus stop(buses from salzburg stop here), the hotel has its own garden. It is very nice and quiet. Wooden flooring gave a nice old feel. We had a room on the 3rd floor, and the views were nice. I loved the fact that you could lie in your bathtub, and see the sky(there is window sort of thing on the ceiling) . The decor is a nice- ecclectic mix with lot of Sri lankan/Asian influence. You can pretty much walk anywhere you want in Bad Ischl from this place. The train station is right opposite. The thermal spa ( we did not use, because this hotel had steam room and sauna) is also opposite the hotel. I would surely recommend this place.
One thing I would suggest - you can easily skip the breakfast here ( at Euro 10, it felt steep for what you get, especially if you are not a meat eater). At the train station, which is just opposite the hotel, there is a very nice bakery, and 2 people can have breakfast for 10 euros. Please do remember that Thursdays are public holidays in Austria, and many places remain shut, including the bakery i mentioned.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iyer_kaushik
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I stayed here for 11 nights for a conference and it was perfect! Very quiet room, right next to the train and bus stations and across from the Eurospa. A 15 minute walk to the center of town. Christel, the owner, was so kind and welcoming and the building is so pretty and historic, it was very "Austrian"! Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was a selection of cold meats/cheeses, cereal, yogurt, breads, coffee and tea, and sometimes scrambled eggs. Just enough to start the day off right! The town of Bad Ischl is like a storybook - beautiful and so safe. Great choice for a reasonable price as well. They also have an elevator which is great!

Room Tip: Wifi was spotty in the room, FYI. Because the floors creak since it's an old building, ask for a room on a top floor. There is a lift.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2014

A good location for the train & bus station and the town itself.
Two aspects disappointed us. There were some ramshackle electrics in our bathroom where only a single single light bulb worked; rather worse, the breakfast fare was poorly displayed, difficult to access, and sloppily cared for. There's enough space to do this properly.
We have found such poor preparation and presentation to be rare in Austria - this place needs some strong direction to play its best game.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends