Fota Island Resort
US$137
US$130
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$117
US$149
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
US$123
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$147
US$132
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
US$128
US$128
2,434 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodmain restaurantspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomtop classrelaxing breakfrom start to finish
Reviewed March 30, 2012

A very big thank you to you for the wonderful experience which I and the family had in Fota Island Resort this weekend.  Your kindness and attention to detail were 1st class.  We all noted how friendly all the staff were, from accommodation, restaurant, bar and spa and how bright their smiles were throughout our stay.

Your teams certainly epitomise the secret of good service:
-      A thorough knowledge of your product in Fota Island Resort and helping us the customers make the best choice we want.
-      Treating the customer with a very friendly and helpful attitude
-      Helping the customer in an efficient and friendly manner
This excellent customer service truly helps Fota Island Resort set themselves apart from your competitors.

Stayed: March 2012
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you so much for such positive feedback from your stay at Fota Island Resort. It is so pleasing to hear that you received the high standards of service and excellence that we continually endeavour to provide to all our guests. The personalised high levels of service is a feature that is very important to us at Fota Island Resort and I am delighted that you appear to have experienced this. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the resort again in the very near future.

Kind regards

John O'Flynn

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was here for 2 nights, and really enjoyed it.

✔ Wonderful lobby & decor
✔ Nice friendly check in staff
✔ Nice rooms, very nice bathroom
✔ Nice spa

If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away, this place will do nicely. If you've already booked , stop reading now. You'll love it. Be sure to book your spa appointments in advance.

Still here eh? The one negative point (which I really wish I had have brought up with them) was that on the Thursday evening we came downstairs around 9:30 and were told the restaurant had closed. We went to the bar. We were told the bar would not serve food. We were then told we could order food to the room, but must eat it up there. We decided to have drinks (as the bar itself was closing early).

We went to the room, and realised the only food was soup & sandwiches. We tried ordering soup. They had none. Neither of us eat sandwiches, so that left us stuck. We rang every take away place in Cork & Carraigtwohill. Nowhere would deliver to the resort.

We eventually relented and ordered a chicken caesar salad wrap. It was dismal. Absolutely dismal. No five star hotel in the world would deliver it. They wouldn't even feed it to a dog. Worst part was it cost 17 euro. That really irritated me. To get soo much right about five star, but still resort to lowly profiteering and wretched food on room service is a shame.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destraynor
Reviewed March 29, 2012

From the moment we stepped foot into this beautiful hotel, we knew we were going to have an amazing time!! Reception area is very welcoming and the staff are second to none, not just in reception but everywhere in the hotel.
Our room was beautiful and spacious and the bathroom made it so much better (it's my dream bathroom). We ate in the bar the first night and in the restaurant the second night. The food was fab both night but it is quite expensive (€16 for a club sandwich with a few wedges!!) The variety for breakfast was brilliant and very enjoyable.
The staff here are very friendly and always smiling esp in the restaurant.
We also had the use of the spa which was beautiful and I am raging I didn't get a treatment done while there!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break, to be pampered or just to experience amazing customer service. (I imagine the weddings here would be out of this world)
I will defenately be returning!!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here in St. Patricks weekend - so the hotel was very busy with families and children. Three of us shared a large, modern, clean and contemporary room with a large bathroom and rainforest shower. We booked it for a Spa weekend - and we were'nt disappointed. No children are allowed in the Thermal Suite/Pool - so adults only! Fabulous relaxation areas and various heat tooms. Great Thermal pool. We spend hours there over the weekend. Booked a full body massage and it did not disappoint - all top class.
We ate in the bar one evening (decent food) and went into Cork another night. The breakfast was excellent (buffet and menu) - apart from a very surly waiter who ignored a spilled glass of OJ on the table! We are so relaxed from the Spa trips.. we did'nt pass much heed. We went on various walks around the island as an attempt at 'exercise'.. the resort is lovely. Highly recommended for a ladies spa weekend in a comfortable, clean hotel with super spa facilities. Would return,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hankat
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at the Fota Island Resort on Sunday 18th March. Our children had bought us a voucher for Bed & Breakfast with a bottle of wine on arrival and VIP passes to the spa. For my birthday I received some spa treatments and afternoon tea. I booked the afternoon tea for 3.30pm on Sunday and my treatments for 5.50pm. We checked in at 3.00pm and went to our room which nice a spacious with a very large comfortable bed. The bathroom was very spacious with separate bath and shower. I have visited the spa before so knew what to expect. The hydro therapy pool and relaxation rooms are great and I was delighted with my treatments. The staff, as before, were very friendly and helpful.

We asked if we could use our bottle of wine for dinner and that was no problem. We booked dinner in the restaurant and were not disappointed. My husband did feel he would have like more of a choice but I thought the choices were good and we both agreed the food was wonderful. My husband ordered a steak very well done and when it came out he expected that it would not be cooked to his likeing as it was a very thick steak, however it was perfectly coooked. We paid €77 for two starters, two main courses and one dessert, which we thought was good value as the food was exceptional and the whole dining experience left nothing to be desired.

My only critisim is that one of the chairs in our room had a stain on it which took away a little from the cleanliness of the hotel. I have noticed this is a problem with a lot of hotels but do feel something could be done about these stains expecially in a four star hotel.

The chairs and bed in our room were extremely comfortable. All in all I really enjoyed my stay at Fota Island and would have not hesitation in going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple