I have stayed at Fota a number of times over the past few years and, this time, I felt the atmosphere had changed a bit. Breakfast choice was extensive but quality wasn't great (eggs dried out & unappetizing, even when cooked to order, sausages cheap-tasting etc) whereas dinner was flawless (dessert was particularly beautifully presented).
Spa was lovely but busy with groups of women who were pretty loud and took from the chilled feeling in there. Lots of families with small children staying this visit too. The hotel has some great deals but whereas it used to feel very luxurious, I think it's now becoming family-friendly and events-focused.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork