As anticipated, this hotel was top class in terms of its rooms and facilities. However, we were diasppointed with the pub-meal we were served in the evening, the breakfast was not very memorable and I thought that the spa and infinity pool were just ok.
As we stayed using a groupon/citydeal voucher, our stay was very good value, however had we paid full price for our stay, I would not be as happy.
It is not close to Cork city, however animal lovers will love the wildlife park next door. . . Its one of my favourite attractions in Cork!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork