Fota Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
2,385 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodthe main hotelspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomsteam roomtop classrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed at Fota a number of times over the past few years and, this time, I felt the atmosphere had changed a bit. Breakfast choice was extensive but quality wasn't great (eggs dried out & unappetizing, even when cooked to order, sausages cheap-tasting etc) whereas dinner was flawless (dessert was particularly beautifully presented).

Spa was lovely but busy with groups of women who were pretty loud and took from the chilled feeling in there. Lots of families with small children staying this visit too. The hotel has some great deals but whereas it used to feel very luxurious, I think it's now becoming family-friendly and events-focused.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A very big thank you to you for the wonderful experience which I and the family had in Fota Island Resort this weekend.  Your kindness and attention to detail were 1st class.  We all noted how friendly all the staff were, from accommodation, restaurant, bar and spa and how bright their smiles were throughout our stay.

Your teams certainly epitomise the secret of good service:
-      A thorough knowledge of your product in Fota Island Resort and helping us the customers make the best choice we want.
-      Treating the customer with a very friendly and helpful attitude
-      Helping the customer in an efficient and friendly manner
This excellent customer service truly helps Fota Island Resort set themselves apart from your competitors.

Stayed: March 2012
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you so much for such positive feedback from your stay at Fota Island Resort. It is so pleasing to hear that you received the high standards of service and excellence that we continually endeavour to provide to all our guests. The personalised high levels of service is a feature that is very important to us at Fota Island Resort and I am delighted that you appear to have experienced this. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the resort again in the very near future.

Kind regards

John O'Flynn

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was here for 2 nights, and really enjoyed it.

✔ Wonderful lobby & decor
✔ Nice friendly check in staff
✔ Nice rooms, very nice bathroom
✔ Nice spa

If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away, this place will do nicely. If you've already booked , stop reading now. You'll love it. Be sure to book your spa appointments in advance.

Still here eh? The one negative point (which I really wish I had have brought up with them) was that on the Thursday evening we came downstairs around 9:30 and were told the restaurant had closed. We went to the bar. We were told the bar would not serve food. We were then told we could order food to the room, but must eat it up there. We decided to have drinks (as the bar itself was closing early).

We went to the room, and realised the only food was soup & sandwiches. We tried ordering soup. They had none. Neither of us eat sandwiches, so that left us stuck. We rang every take away place in Cork & Carraigtwohill. Nowhere would deliver to the resort.

We eventually relented and ordered a chicken caesar salad wrap. It was dismal. Absolutely dismal. No five star hotel in the world would deliver it. They wouldn't even feed it to a dog. Worst part was it cost 17 euro. That really irritated me. To get soo much right about five star, but still resort to lowly profiteering and wretched food on room service is a shame.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destraynor
Reviewed 29 March 2012

From the moment we stepped foot into this beautiful hotel, we knew we were going to have an amazing time!! Reception area is very welcoming and the staff are second to none, not just in reception but everywhere in the hotel.
Our room was beautiful and spacious and the bathroom made it so much better (it's my dream bathroom). We ate in the bar the first night and in the restaurant the second night. The food was fab both night but it is quite expensive (€16 for a club sandwich with a few wedges!!) The variety for breakfast was brilliant and very enjoyable.
The staff here are very friendly and always smiling esp in the restaurant.
We also had the use of the spa which was beautiful and I am raging I didn't get a treatment done while there!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break, to be pampered or just to experience amazing customer service. (I imagine the weddings here would be out of this world)
I will defenately be returning!!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here in St. Patricks weekend - so the hotel was very busy with families and children. Three of us shared a large, modern, clean and contemporary room with a large bathroom and rainforest shower. We booked it for a Spa weekend - and we were'nt disappointed. No children are allowed in the Thermal Suite/Pool - so adults only! Fabulous relaxation areas and various heat tooms. Great Thermal pool. We spend hours there over the weekend. Booked a full body massage and it did not disappoint - all top class.
We ate in the bar one evening (decent food) and went into Cork another night. The breakfast was excellent (buffet and menu) - apart from a very surly waiter who ignored a spilled glass of OJ on the table! We are so relaxed from the Spa trips.. we did'nt pass much heed. We went on various walks around the island as an attempt at 'exercise'.. the resort is lovely. Highly recommended for a ladies spa weekend in a comfortable, clean hotel with super spa facilities. Would return,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends