“Loved this hotel.”
Review of Fota Island Resort

Fota Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fota Island
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My partner and I had a two night stay here recently and were impressed from the minute we checked in, the reception area is very impressive and the staff were very friendly. The room was nice and bright with a really comfy bed and a lovely bathroom with a really deep bath and a seperate shower. The lunch and dinner we had at the hotel was memorable, for all the right reasons, they should really hang on to their chef there. The only disappointment was the breakfast (obviously a different chef), I couldn't eat it at all so just had coffee and juice and we skipped breakfast there on the second morning. I would still recommend this hotel though and would go back again.

Room Tip: We just took the room we were given on the 2nd floor and it was lovely, I'm sure all rooms are n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fota Island Resort

Reviewed 4 April 2012

As anticipated, this hotel was top class in terms of its rooms and facilities. However, we were diasppointed with the pub-meal we were served in the evening, the breakfast was not very memorable and I thought that the spa and infinity pool were just ok.
As we stayed using a groupon/citydeal voucher, our stay was very good value, however had we paid full price for our stay, I would not be as happy.
It is not close to Cork city, however animal lovers will love the wildlife park next door. . . Its one of my favourite attractions in Cork!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed at Fota a number of times over the past few years and, this time, I felt the atmosphere had changed a bit. Breakfast choice was extensive but quality wasn't great (eggs dried out & unappetizing, even when cooked to order, sausages cheap-tasting etc) whereas dinner was flawless (dessert was particularly beautifully presented).

Spa was lovely but busy with groups of women who were pretty loud and took from the chilled feeling in there. Lots of families with small children staying this visit too. The hotel has some great deals but whereas it used to feel very luxurious, I think it's now becoming family-friendly and events-focused.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A very big thank you to you for the wonderful experience which I and the family had in Fota Island Resort this weekend.  Your kindness and attention to detail were 1st class.  We all noted how friendly all the staff were, from accommodation, restaurant, bar and spa and how bright their smiles were throughout our stay.

Your teams certainly epitomise the secret of good service:
-      A thorough knowledge of your product in Fota Island Resort and helping us the customers make the best choice we want.
-      Treating the customer with a very friendly and helpful attitude
-      Helping the customer in an efficient and friendly manner
This excellent customer service truly helps Fota Island Resort set themselves apart from your competitors.

Stayed: March 2012
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you so much for such positive feedback from your stay at Fota Island Resort. It is so pleasing to hear that you received the high standards of service and excellence that we continually endeavour to provide to all our guests. The personalised high levels of service is a feature that is very important to us at Fota Island Resort and I am delighted that you appear to have experienced this. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the resort again in the very near future.

Kind regards

John O'Flynn

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was here for 2 nights, and really enjoyed it.

✔ Wonderful lobby & decor
✔ Nice friendly check in staff
✔ Nice rooms, very nice bathroom
✔ Nice spa

If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away, this place will do nicely. If you've already booked , stop reading now. You'll love it. Be sure to book your spa appointments in advance.

Still here eh? The one negative point (which I really wish I had have brought up with them) was that on the Thursday evening we came downstairs around 9:30 and were told the restaurant had closed. We went to the bar. We were told the bar would not serve food. We were then told we could order food to the room, but must eat it up there. We decided to have drinks (as the bar itself was closing early).

We went to the room, and realised the only food was soup & sandwiches. We tried ordering soup. They had none. Neither of us eat sandwiches, so that left us stuck. We rang every take away place in Cork & Carraigtwohill. Nowhere would deliver to the resort.

We eventually relented and ordered a chicken caesar salad wrap. It was dismal. Absolutely dismal. No five star hotel in the world would deliver it. They wouldn't even feed it to a dog. Worst part was it cost 17 euro. That really irritated me. To get soo much right about five star, but still resort to lowly profiteering and wretched food on room service is a shame.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destraynor
Reviewed 29 March 2012

From the moment we stepped foot into this beautiful hotel, we knew we were going to have an amazing time!! Reception area is very welcoming and the staff are second to none, not just in reception but everywhere in the hotel.
Our room was beautiful and spacious and the bathroom made it so much better (it's my dream bathroom). We ate in the bar the first night and in the restaurant the second night. The food was fab both night but it is quite expensive (€16 for a club sandwich with a few wedges!!) The variety for breakfast was brilliant and very enjoyable.
The staff here are very friendly and always smiling esp in the restaurant.
We also had the use of the spa which was beautiful and I am raging I didn't get a treatment done while there!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break, to be pampered or just to experience amazing customer service. (I imagine the weddings here would be out of this world)
I will defenately be returning!!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here in St. Patricks weekend - so the hotel was very busy with families and children. Three of us shared a large, modern, clean and contemporary room with a large bathroom and rainforest shower. We booked it for a Spa weekend - and we were'nt disappointed. No children are allowed in the Thermal Suite/Pool - so adults only! Fabulous relaxation areas and various heat tooms. Great Thermal pool. We spend hours there over the weekend. Booked a full body massage and it did not disappoint - all top class.
We ate in the bar one evening (decent food) and went into Cork another night. The breakfast was excellent (buffet and menu) - apart from a very surly waiter who ignored a spilled glass of OJ on the table! We are so relaxed from the Spa trips.. we did'nt pass much heed. We went on various walks around the island as an attempt at 'exercise'.. the resort is lovely. Highly recommended for a ladies spa weekend in a comfortable, clean hotel with super spa facilities. Would return,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to Fota Island Resort? Share your experiences!