Fota Island Resort
US$156
  • Restaurant
HotelQuickly
2,385 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodthe main hotelspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomsteam roomtop classrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2018

from the moment we arrived to leaving my partner, daughter and I could not have been more impressed. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully, in a relaxed and cosy manner. Our room was eautiful, clean and the mattress was exceptionally comfortable. The shower and bath were out of this world! The spa was gorgeous, and the pool was warm enough for our 6 month old. The one piece of constructive criticism would be that there are no vegan options on the menu- as I do not eat meat and have a dairy intolerance- however, once making my needs known to staff there was absolutely no issue in catering to me, over our 3 night stay I had loads of various options which were all delicious, particularly an asparagus and sun dried tomatoe pizza- which was genuinely the nicest vegan pizza I have EVER had! This brings me on to my next point, the staff here. The staff at fota island resort are it's biggest asset! Thoroughly professional at all times. Literally no request was too big. We stayed here during the snow storm Emma, and got snowed in along with some staff members. What I assume must have been a very tiring week for them was handled so seamlessly, never appearing tired or complained. We must give particular mention to Emmett, the waiter who was exceptionally kind. The blonde restaurant manageress who organised plenty of dairy free meals for me and Emma, at reception, who organised nappies for us when we ran out (our one night stay had to be extended to a three night stay). The attitude of staff was easily summed up by the manager (whose name I also cannot remember but I know he was in the dining area this morning informing guests of the road conditions and assisting a wedding party this morning) as, as I was speaking to him about being snowed in I asked him if he was fed up of being stuck at work, he replied "not at all, we are just committed to ensuring that you, our guests are as comfortable and care free as possible, if we achieve that I'm happy" Amazing! Look forward to staying again

Also I am very interested to know if the staff that happened to be snowed in will be recieving some kind of reward go the staff? They certainly deserve it :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2018

6 adults 2 children under 2 stayed 25th to 28th February 2018. Rooms great, restaurants great but what made this special was the attitude of the staff and in particular to the 2 small children, nothing was a problem and everything was done with a smile.
A visit to the wild life park was thoroughly enjoyed
Will visit hotel again

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Have visited FOTA on a few occasions and it has yet to disappoint. The spa is beautiful and any treatment have been great. The rooms are lovely and fresh, the staff friendly and the restaurant very nice. We had difficulties getting a dinner booking for the evening we arrived so went to the club house and we were not disappointed and the meal was lovely.
We have had to wait for breakfast on busier occasions.

All in all it is a lovely spot and with the Zoo close by it makes for a nice family trip.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola O
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Decided to treat my partner to a birthday trip to Cork and have a couple of nights in a luxury hotel. I must have got an amazing out-of-season deal as this is certainly the sort of place I couldn't normally afford to stay in!

All aspects of the hotel are immaculately clean and very well appointed. The standard rooms are of a substantial size as were the bathrooms, with huge, comfortable beds, nice baths/showers and decent WiFi if that's your thing as well.

The pool and poolside facilities were very nice as well, and the gym looked very good (although we didn't get to use it).

Breakfast had a very good selection of good-quality food, plus more menu items if you couldn't find anything that took your fancy. We also had an evening meal on our arrival - the food was very nice, although a little on the high-priced side. For a hotel I thought that the drink prices weren't too bad and the selection was massive.

Finally, throughout the hotel the staff were very friendly and courteous as well.

I personally wouldn't think twice about staying here again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Fota_Resort, Guest Relations Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you very much for your five star review and sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at Fota Island Resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed some luxury and pampering during your time here. I very much appreciate your positive comments and detailed feedback, most especially your recognition of the staff. We strive to ensure all our guests are treated with friendliness and a met with a genuinely warm welcome. I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure they will be very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fota Island Resort in the future.

Kind regards,
Niamh Ring
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Booked to stay for a few days over the New Year and was really looking forward to the break after a hectic 2017.
Our room was in need of some attention; decor was jaded - I was advised when we checked out and commented on this that the floor we were on was due for a refurb. Just wonder then why this was not reflected in the price or indeed why I was not advised of this fact when I booked!?
Similarly when I phoned back in November to book I asked about new years eve dining there and was told just to book on arrival. Needless to say on arrival I was advised that the dining room was already fully booked for the evening!
The bathroom towels were tiny; I've had better, larger and fluffier in 3* premises!
It was all just a bit blaaah and disappointing to be honest; not 5*!

Room Tip: Just ensure it is not due refurb!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine R

Thank you Geraldine for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the miscommunication regarding reservations for dinner on New Year's Eve. Your details and requested time for dinner should of course have been noted when you called in November and a dinner reservation made; I apologise that this did not happen and will be following up with the relevant departments to ensure this is not repeated.

In relation to our rooms I can confirm we are indeed renovating our bedrooms and we look forward to welcoming our guests to our upgraded and fully refurbished rooms from March onwards.

Thank you once again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fota Island Resort in the future.

Kind regards,