2,546 results
All reviews wildlife park hydrotherapy suite golf club hydro pool afternoon tea spa area cork city bar food main restaurant walk in shower spa treatments relaxation room deluxe room top class relaxing break family holiday from start to finish
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We booked the fota island resort for the valentine's evening, they let us know that there was some renovation in the hotel, but we shouldn't hear anything, well we woke up at 7:40am with big noise and the room like shaking… so the experience was not quite what we expected. The SPA and the gardens are lovely but a bit disapointed overall.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2018

We stayed at Fota Island Hotel recently ... 16 Km outside Cork City & you would think you were in another world.....a fabulous hotel! Room 260 is a beautiful spacious room overlooking the Fountain..... the Hydrotherapy pool is to die for.... the best I have been to in Ireland (and that is a lot) also the relaxing room! Breakfast is super & Raouf,( Manager of the Restaurant) is the best you could meet.... nothing is a problem to him... whatever you need ! We had dinner in the Amber Bar & it was very good!! I could not praise this Hotel enough...looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariab-1946
Reviewed March 3, 2018

from the moment we arrived to leaving my partner, daughter and I could not have been more impressed. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully, in a relaxed and cosy manner. Our room was eautiful, clean and the mattress was exceptionally comfortable. The shower and bath were out of this world! The spa was gorgeous, and the pool was warm enough for our 6 month old. The one piece of constructive criticism would be that there are no vegan options on the menu- as I do not eat meat and have a dairy intolerance- however, once making my needs known to staff there was absolutely no issue in catering to me, over our 3 night stay I had loads of various options which were all delicious, particularly an asparagus and sun dried tomatoe pizza- which was genuinely the nicest vegan pizza I have EVER had! This brings me on to my next point, the staff here. The staff at fota island resort are it's biggest asset! Thoroughly professional at all times. Literally no request was too big. We stayed here during the snow storm Emma, and got snowed in along with some staff members. What I assume must have been a very tiring week for them was handled so seamlessly, never appearing tired or complained. We must give particular mention to Emmett, the waiter who was exceptionally kind. The blonde restaurant manageress who organised plenty of dairy free meals for me and Emma, at reception, who organised nappies for us when we ran out (our one night stay had to be extended to a three night stay). The attitude of staff was easily summed up by the manager (whose name I also cannot remember but I know he was in the dining area this morning informing guests of the road conditions and assisting a wedding party this morning) as, as I was speaking to him about being snowed in I asked him if he was fed up of being stuck at work, he replied "not at all, we are just committed to ensuring that you, our guests are as comfortable and care free as possible, if we achieve that I'm happy" Amazing! Look forward to staying again

Also I am very interested to know if the staff that happened to be snowed in will be recieving some kind of reward go the staff? They certainly deserve it :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2018

6 adults 2 children under 2 stayed 25th to 28th February 2018. Rooms great, restaurants great but what made this special was the attitude of the staff and in particular to the 2 small children, nothing was a problem and everything was done with a smile.
A visit to the wild life park was thoroughly enjoyed
Will visit hotel again

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Have visited FOTA on a few occasions and it has yet to disappoint. The spa is beautiful and any treatment have been great. The rooms are lovely and fresh, the staff friendly and the restaurant very nice. We had difficulties getting a dinner booking for the evening we arrived so went to the club house and we were not disappointed and the meal was lovely.
We have had to wait for breakfast on busier occasions.

All in all it is a lovely spot and with the Zoo close by it makes for a nice family trip.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends