2,624 results
All reviews wildlife park hydrotherapy suite golf club hydro pool afternoon tea spa area cork city bar food main restaurant walk in shower spa treatments deluxe room relaxation room top class relaxing break from start to finish both nights
Reviewed March 17, 2018

Nice stay but a little disappointed, I thought being an five star hotel it would be "out of this world" but i would rate as a 3 star, room ok clean, bathroom nicer, bar food very good but over priced, waitress was lovely. SPA ok a little run down, best part heated relaxation beds, i had a pedicure I wondered if the tools were sterilised as they looked used beforehand and i didn't see a sterilising box. Breakfast ok the full Irish is buffy style pre-cooked was disappointed as i thought being a five star they make fresh to order. This Hotel is more suitable for families as it seemed to be the case this weekend. I would have mixed feelings about recommending Hotel to friends as its definitely not a 5 star hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fota_Resort, Guest Relations Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Fota Island Resort. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the food in the Amber Lounge. Thank you especially for your kind comments on the staff.

In relation to your query on sterilisation of the pedicure tools; please be assured that all tools are sterilised before and after each treatment. The sterilisation box is located next to the pedicure chair and would not necessarily be immediately visible to guests.

Regarding breakfast, as a busy 5 star property we offer both hot and cold buffet and cooked to order menu options for breakfast.

I hope that you will consider Fota Island Resort in the future and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

In spite of the wet weather we had an enjoyable 2 night relaxed stay We were made most welcome and the staff were great The young lady serving our evening meal especially As we were not interested in the spa I cannot comment

Room tip: Our room was 1 st class
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Fota Island Resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt welcomed. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again at Fota.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights at a wedding. Food was excellent, my choice wasnt as excellent. The room was so cold the following day i went for a drive in my car to warm myself up. A staff member then overadjusted the room stat so much it was too warm to sleep that night. A member of staff addressed me in the hallway as Bud.
overall a bad experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Eddie L

Dear Eddie,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Fota Island Resort.
I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time here although I am happy to note that overall the food at the wedding was excellent.
Regarding the manner in which you were addressed by a member of staff - please accept my sincere apologies for this. I assure you that we employ the highest of standards of professionalism and respect in the manner in which our staff address guests and this is most certainly not an acceptable form of address. I apologise for any offence caused; please be assured I will be reviewing your comments with the team.

I hope you will consider Fota Island Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We have stayed in the hotel a few times over the years and found a dramatic difference this time in the quilty of service and stay. The hotel has gotten scruffy and the sos is not what it used to be.. no heating on in relaxation beds, no relaxation are like they used to have with water and papers. In our room the robes were not clean and had been worn down to the spa for a treatment. The Fota Island logo is gone off the slippers and robes. We went fordinner in the bar which we were looking forward to and we're shocked to receive what I would call unexceptionable pub grub. Overall the standards have slipped dramatically. I'll upload some photos I took for this visit and our visit before. See the difference for yourselves. Such a pitty for what was a fantastic hotel!

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank DeiseBla
Reviewed March 11, 2018

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights last week. It was super from the minute we arrived. Lovely room with very comfortable bed and great pillows. The spa is relaxation at its best. Staff were professional and courteous , to name a few we met , Chantal, Debbie, Rachel and Elaine. I could do with 2 days here on a regular basis !