2,622 results
All reviews wildlife park hydrotherapy suite golf club hydro pool afternoon tea spa area cork city bar food main restaurant walk in shower spa treatments deluxe room relaxation room top class relaxing break from start to finish both nights
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night at the fota island resort and I have to say it was a big disappointment. The room was very very average. It was very shabby and the bathroom was ok it was clean but not 5 star standard. There was a pillow in the bed and it was like half of it was missing. On check in the receptionist told us that there were kids hours at the pool. But we didn't really take any notice of this. But when we down to the pool the pool was full to capacity with children I had never seen so many kids in a pool at one time and the noise was horrendous. The dressing rooms were tiny not enough space for all the people that were in the pool at the 1 time. We just left as there was no way u could enjoy a swim with such a crowd. Just no attention to detail for a 5 star I really couldn't say it was a 5 star I have stayed in much better 3 and 4 star hotels. We enjoyed a lovely walk around the grounds. They seem to be more catered towards young families rather than couples and relaxation. Defiantly wouldn't recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle-daisy
Fota_Resort, Guest Relations Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to review your recent stay at Fota Island Resort.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed - as a resort destination we are extremely popular with families, especially those with young children as we offer so much on the resort and in the area that appeals to young families. Therefore the hotel can get extremely busy during mid term and holiday times, especially in the pool area. However, this is carefully managed and outside of the children's hours I assure you the pool and relaxation areas are not accessible to under 18s and offer a relaxing oasis of calm.

I hope that you will consider Fota Island Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

I received an email from the manager asking me to review so here goes:
- Perfectly good 3 star hotel for a business trip. Hard to understand how it got 5 stars.
- Noisiest hotel I have stayed in for some time, corridor floors creak their entire length, windows were not sealed, awake half the night (rm 120)
- Food was perfectly edible, but very expensive and tasteless (I actually thought it was my tastebuds until I tasted a croissant and realised it was the food).

Hotel in a lovely setting, but staff are nowhere near 5 star levels of training or attentiveness (perfectly professional though). The server (dinner and breakfast) could have just smiled or asked us did we have everything, it was hard to catch managers and waitress's attention.

2  Thank Grainybits

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Fota Island Resort.

I do appreciate the feedback although I must admit I am disappointed to see that we have obviously fallen short of the 5 star standard of service we pride ourselves on. Please be assured I will be reviewing your comments with the team and I am certain you will have a different impression should you return in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Nice stay but a little disappointed, I thought being an five star hotel it would be "out of this world" but i would rate as a 3 star, room ok clean, bathroom nicer, bar food very good but over priced, waitress was lovely. SPA ok a little run down, best part heated relaxation beds, i had a pedicure I wondered if the tools were sterilised as they looked used beforehand and i didn't see a sterilising box. Breakfast ok the full Irish is buffy style pre-cooked was disappointed as i thought being a five star they make fresh to order. This Hotel is more suitable for families as it seemed to be the case this weekend. I would have mixed feelings about recommending Hotel to friends as its definitely not a 5 star hotel.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Fota Island Resort. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the food in the Amber Lounge. Thank you especially for your kind comments on the staff.

In relation to your query on sterilisation of the pedicure tools; please be assured that all tools are sterilised before and after each treatment. The sterilisation box is located next to the pedicure chair and would not necessarily be immediately visible to guests.

Regarding breakfast, as a busy 5 star property we offer both hot and cold buffet and cooked to order menu options for breakfast.

I hope that you will consider Fota Island Resort in the future and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

In spite of the wet weather we had an enjoyable 2 night relaxed stay We were made most welcome and the staff were great The young lady serving our evening meal especially As we were not interested in the spa I cannot comment

Room tip: Our room was 1 st class
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Fota Island Resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt welcomed. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again at Fota.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights at a wedding. Food was excellent, my choice wasnt as excellent. The room was so cold the following day i went for a drive in my car to warm myself up. A staff member then overadjusted the room stat so much it was too warm to sleep that night. A member of staff addressed me in the hallway as Bud.
overall a bad experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Eddie L

Dear Eddie,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Fota Island Resort.
I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time here although I am happy to note that overall the food at the wedding was excellent.
Regarding the manner in which you were addressed by a member of staff - please accept my sincere apologies for this. I assure you that we employ the highest of standards of professionalism and respect in the manner in which our staff address guests and this is most certainly not an acceptable form of address. I apologise for any offence caused; please be assured I will be reviewing your comments with the team.

I hope you will consider Fota Island Resort in the future.