“Rankin Inlet Dining”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Captain's Galley
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Good food at a reasonable price. Service can be slow and overwhelmed by the rush of clientele during peak times.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

As I travel through the Arctic region I know I can always rely on The Inns North chain to take care of me. A great example is The Captains Galley in Rankin Inlet. I have had many a great meal there when I visit the community and will be Back in May 2017 3 times. You can beleive it when I say I'll be coming back to the Captain's Galley

1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed March 26, 2017

Everything is relative and when in the North, and looking for a place to eat after the area has been isolated for a few days due to a winter blizzard, expectations have to be realistic. Having said that I had a great pulled pork sandwich with a side of tasty fries (although I would have like a bit more not that I needed it, but.... :-) ). The meat was tasty and hot. Nice fresh bun as well. I suggested to the manager that he should consider offering it with their chipotle mayonnaise. That would have made it awesome.
A couple of misses though. I was hoping to try the char but they were out. :-( . The general cleanliness, especially the floor, was not great. Lots of food scraps it seems. The hotel has free wi-fi but it is not offered to the restaurant guests. Hope they fix that.
I found the service was friendly(albeit a bit slow) and they had a great spirit about them.