1,100 results
All reviews walled garden sandstone restaurant afternoon tea lough rynn castle main building drawing room beautiful grounds wedding party public rooms next morning bar food set menu second to none beautiful hotel from start to finish baronial hall top class
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

While visiting Ireland's Anchient East we stopped in at Lough Rynn for a walk of the gardens and a bite to eat, I have not experienced such top quality staff and customer service for long time.

Highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay in Lough Rynn Castle. The Hotel was full so we settled for the houses on thy estate. It was a girls weekend away so the houses were perfect. Lovely decor, comfy beds and lots of space. We checked in around 3 and the houses were a stone throw from the Hotel. We had dinner in the Restaurant that evening and it was divine. The goats cheese starter was stunning, beautiful presentation and tasted even better, the steak was cooked to perfection and dessert was so tasty. Great food needs great service and the staff at Lough Rynn could not have done enough for us.They were welcoming but not too intrusive. Pamela checked us in, Janis and Shaba looked after us in the Restaurant. Breakfast was the best fry up! Cooked to perfection. Lough Rynn is such s special place, amazing grounds and decor, excellent food with exceptional service. Can’t wait to go back! Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mairead G
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I stayed just one night in lough rynn in September 2018. It's a beautiful building and the room I stayed in was full of character. It was spotless and very comfortable. The grounds and the gardens are amazing, lovely for a stroll. The best thing about my stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Even with the beauty of the place I think the staff are the best asset. I will be recommending it to my friends. In fact I have booked to stay again next March.

Room Tip: Double rooms are in the old building. Twin rooms are in an adjacent newer building
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne20181956
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Lough Rynn is a beautiful hotel in the Leitrim countryside. I liked it because it feels authentic and almost understated. The bedroom I stayed in was lovely, with solid furniture and heavy drapery. There was fresh coffee to brew in the room. The lounge, bar, side lounges and library are all lovely, elegant spaces. The grounds are evocative; my room had a view of the Lough and mist was lingering on the lawn. The gardens are interesting - the walled garden is large and many interesting features of garden style can be found within. The food is lovely, especially the afternoon tea. I found all the staff helpful and polite.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Just back from spending one night in Lough Rynn Castle. Beautiful place and great experience. We were booked in B&B. Reception was a little ropey - an over loud and overbearing receptionist who made a mistake and initially couldn’t find our reservation. She appeared to judge us and spoke down to us - not very professional. She found the booking and tried to explain it all away as the end of a long week - lack of manners and professional I feel. However all was redeemed by Francis - an absolute gem - don’t ever let him go! He took our bags and showed us to our room explaining the building and layout. He explained the significance of our room - it was originally an old tack room and some of the features have been retained. This overlooked a beautiful little courtyard. We dined in the bar - excellent food - and breakfast was very good. Walled garden beautiful for a walk. We hope to be back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family