See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2016

I visited on August 2015 with my family, so if u need basic, clear, silent otel this is the best place, otel location near to seaside, beach and yacht marina, you can walk apprx 7-8 min to city center, but you can find good street and stores on this way. So you can go easy Ali's Restourant, And finally otel owner lady so kind, helpful and u can ask everything for yr travel at Kos. Finally breakfest is very good and delicious. Thnks for all Americana , We'll visit you again and again .

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Lovely welcome from Chris - made completely at home and relaxed - nothing too much trouble. Lovely room, comfortable bed with fabulous ensuite facilities. Breakfast was the best we had in Greece during our two week stay - variety of fresh fruit including cherries, fresh baguettes with ham, cheese, feta, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, yogurt & honey, boiled eggs, cakes -including an amazing chocolate & cherry one occasionally. Lovely coffee too. Breakfast overseen by Kerry, lovely English lady with a lot of local information to help plan your stay. Great recommendations from Chris too for places to eat locally. We loved staying here away from the buzz of Kos Town - felt so calm and relaxing here and great to sit outside of an evening to discuss the day over a chilled beer.

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank NottinghamRed
Reviewed June 6, 2015

A wonderful hotel, well sited just outside the hubbub that is Kos town. I was welcomed with overwhelming and sustained friendliness - even for Greece. (There is a sign downstairs that says "friends forever" and this is not simply hospitality industry boiler-plate. One certainly feels as if one has been accepted into family. This type of hospitality is actually a remnant of a bygone period in Greece, but is certainly alive and well here.) I feel as if I would not want for anything: the stafff and ownership would seem to want to do anything to make your stay pleasant. My suite includes two rooms and a spacious balcony. It is exceptionally clean and quite modern enough. Everything works well. One thing I really appreciate is that the maids are not about too early in the day as they were when I was in Athens recently. The neighborhood is quiet, but just minutes away from the castle. Prices here are very reasonable as well. If I came to Kos again, I would stay here without thinking about anywhere else. It is an experience, not just a hotel stay. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2015
4  Thank TheEyeInEvanston
Reviewed October 24, 2014

We spent one night in September before our ferry trip the next day. When we arrived we were made very welcome and nothing was too much trouble during our short stay.

Our room and en -suite were both compact, clean ,modern and attractively decorated. The en-suite had a proper shower which provided a little luxury. Perhaps the en-suite needs attention soon to remove mould on mastic sealants and grouting plus the metal finish to taps etc. are worn. These small details were only noticeable due to the high quality of finishes elsewhere.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep without any noise from inside or outside of the hotel. The standard buffet breakfast was o.k. The location is in a peaceful residential area with a few local tavernas nearby.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank kiwitravellernew
Reviewed September 28, 2014

The Americana is almost everything you would want in a hotel: very friendly staff who couldn't do enough, fantastic location in a quiet road two blocks from the seafront, and only 10 minutes from Kos town centre on foot, extremely clean, well-appointed rooms and a very large, very complete breakfast buffet.

I can only give 4 stars, though, as the sleep quality was spoiled by the people in the room next door coming back at around 1 a.m., banging every door possible and having their TV on loud. I can't blame the hotel for their disrespectful guests, but noise can be a big issue in hotels and so there should be better measures in place to minimise it (better noise insulation between rooms, room doors that aren't on springs so they don't slam, stricter policy on manners...)

Other than that, a great choice in Kos if you don't want to be in the middle of all the partying in the centre.

Room tip: Room 204 is made up of two rooms, one of which is a sitting room. Therefore, you have plenty of space, which is always good.
Date of stay: September 2014