New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Sandy Glade Holiday Park
wales
“sandy glade”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

ive just come back from sandy glade i was booked in from the 26th may for a week. i had booked 2 chalets and one was no 35 at the back of the camp and one was no 12 at the middle the first one no 35 was not that clean ther were marks all over the walls and there were ants in some areas. when i went to complain i was just given ant powder i woke one morning to find ants in my 3 year olds sippy cup yuck any way i then went to my other accomodation no 12 wich was quite nice untill i went into the bedroom the carpet were very worn and wet and the bed room was very damp. i wont be going back there the camp is clean but the rooms are not good

2 Thank 251andrea
Patrick J, Guest Relations Manager at Sandy Glade Holiday Park, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our holiday park. We certainly do not ignore any constructive criticism and perhaps there are some areas that could be improved in the interest of future guests.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments and we really hope that you will visit us again in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

This was our first holiday as a family of three with our 7 month old baby. We stayed in a bronze caravan so didn't expect a lot but it was dirty, tv remote wasn't working, curtains were missing, pillow covers were dirty, beds were really uncomfortable and the shower had mould growing round it. We arrived on a Saturday which was a big mistake as you get the stag and hen dos shouting passed your windows at all hours (this is why we ended up leaving on the Friday after before the weekend started). The pool is pretty basic but baby friendly. They have changing facilities but the locks are broke on both doors. We played bingo one night, it didn't get very busy and one of the girls that works there shouts over the other one when calling out the numbers which is really annoying! The beach is really close by but we ended up only being on it for 20 mins as it was too windy, worth driving to Weston instead. Apart from a theme type park nearby there isn't much else to do so we ended up going out of burnham most days. I highly recommend puxton farm. It's brilliant and only about 20 mins away. I think the holiday was fairly cheap but if I knew the accommodation and surrounding areas would be pretty bad I would have spent extra money elsewhere

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I was saddened to read your remarks regarding your stay at our holiday park. However, we do not ignore negative reviews and your remarks are being passed on to the park manager so that improvements may be made in the interest of future guests.

Meanwhile, I will be contacting you shortly to investigate your concerns and perhaps then we will be able to restore your faith in John Fowler Holidays.

Travellers are raving about these Burnham-On-Sea hotels

matananin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

OK, So we had a truly dreadful time at John Fowler Ilfracombe. I wrote an honest review on Tripadvisor they saw it, and having ignored my direct complaint they offered us this freebie to make it up to us..
We chose this place. May 18th to 21st. I'm happy to say it was much better. The chalet we had (50) was clean and comfortable. The floor didn't crunch when you walked on it and it had a shower!! Fair enough, the food on site is all junk food and chips,but the chalet kitchen was clean enough to use and the whole place had obviously been well scrubbed.
The Foxy club was great for our 18mth old who enjoyed a boogie with the other children. (Shame they had to do Bingo for 1.5hrs at 7pm but I suppose some people find that fun!!)
The swimming pool was also great and my little Girl loved it.

We've decided that these camp chalets are not for us, but at least this one left us feeling a little better predisposed to the John Fowler organisation.

If you have to go Fowler - AVOID ILFRACOMBE !!

1 Thank matananin

Your comments have been passed on to all departments and our housekeeping team will be especially delighted to read your comments.

We really hope to see you again in the near future
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We went to sandy glade 18th - 21st may, me and my boyfriend was in a caravan, modern,spacious and very clean. The site itself was clean and tidy and had an indoor swimming pool - which was big enough but did lack changing rooms and could imagine it to get quite crowded in the main weeks. There was also a chippy which was reasonably priced, a shop , laundrette, arcade and club house. We went in the club house every night as there was entertainment on every night - the entertainment team did get annoying at times with the constant yapping and silly dances - typical holiday reps but the cabaret shows where good. The clubhouse does charge a lot for drinks I think the magners was £4 bottle! - suggest smuggling your own in if you can ;)
My brother and his wife had a chalet there which was ok for what they paid but not as nice as the caravan we hired ( they only slept in it though and never said it was mouldy or damp but like other posters have mentioned they did run out of hot water we never had this problem in the caravan). I would go back but only for a weekend break not my main holiday and I would only stay in a chalet if it was cheap otherwise I'd rent a caravan.

It is about 5 -10 minute walk to the leisure park so maybe a bit far out of things if you have walking difficulties but you can park your car for the day for £2.50 By there

Room Tip: Hire a caravan and take your own drinks into the clubhouse :)
Redditch
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

When I read some of the reviews for this site I think I must have been staying in a different place! We visited Sandy Glade on a Sun holiday break 11th May until 14th May. When we arrived the receptionist was very pleasant and directed us to our chalet, I could not believe it when we opened the door, it was like going back to the 50's, wood panelled walls pictures on the wall that David Dickinsoin would be proud of!! very old furniture, but the place smelled musty, so we opened the windows and set off to Burnham to do some shopping and have a meal, when we got back we realised just how filthy the chalet was, the kitchen and crockery was filthy and we had to wash it all down to make a cup of coffee, infact we washed all the cutlery too. We then went into the bathroom, it was absolutely digusting, the sink was full of pubic hairs, there was hair on the shelves, and dust so thick all around that you could write your name in in, the floors were in desperate need of a wash. Then we went into the bedrooms, Ugh! I was in the double room the bed looked like it had been there forever the room smelt and when I opened the wardrobe it absolutely stunk of urine!!, the saving grace was that we'd taken sleeping bags so we knew they were clean. The lounge/dining room looked like someone had hoovered the middle of the room but the edges were thick with dust, the carpet was thread bare in parts and around the tv was thick with dust too. By now we were extremely upset so we set off to complain, but the barman (who was very pleasant) told us no one would be there until the morning, so we would have to put up with it until then. We got up next morning and set off to see the site manager, who we eventually found, he called the housekeeper and we set off, I asked if we were put in this chalet because we were Sun holidayers but were told there was no discrimination, I really dont believe that. They had a look around and said they would find out who should have cleaned it, but quite honestly the filth had been there for a long while. They did say someone would come out and clean it, so we went into weston and when we got back in all fairness it had been cleaned throroughly.I can assure you these chalets are nothing like the ones advertised on the John Fowler website, far from it, we could see through to the chalets at the back of us and they did look better, thats why I think becaused Sun people are not paying full price they are put in the tatty chalets, so please anyone thinking of booking through the Sun to go there, think again, PLEASE. The site itself is kept quite clean, I think thats about the only positive comment I can make. Also Sun people dont by the club passes, we paid £5.50 each and the Receptionist was shocked when we asked for them, she said Oh do you want them, mainly because they are not checked and when you read the John Fowler site it says that the club is free. As I said to the site Manager we are still paying customers and should not have been put into such a filthy disgusting place in th e first place, please anyone reading this think twice before going there, we were booked in until the Monday but left on the Sunday, we have been going on Sun holidays for years and places like the Haven site in Burnham are wonderful always imaculate, and they give customer feedback forms, suprise suprise Sandy Glade dont!!!! Can honestly say will never go there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank JudySunTraveller
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just got back from a three night break at Sandy Glade and have got no complaints about it. We stayed in a caravan which was clean and comfortable. Because the nights were cold we asked if we could have an extra quilt on each bed, not only did they bring quilts they also brought us an electric heater. The site is very clean, the entertainment was good.

3 Thank Barbie189
swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We have just returned from sandy glade an can i just say what a friendly an fantastic this site is. I found the staff very helpful the site easy an assessable for people with walking difficulties as the site is completely flat. The kids club an entertainment were great it was very hard every evening to get my 6 yr old daughter to leave the club house... we are planning on going back in june.. well done sandy glade you made our holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank foxyhere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
6.5 km away
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnham-On-Sea
7.9 km away
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#4 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,176 reviews
2.3 km away
The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory
#1 of 1 in Brean

Been to Sandy Glade Holiday Park? Share your experiences!