Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

Definitely more of a historical place, Lytton BC is just off the Trans Canada Hwy. We came into Lytton from Lillooet, on a great, scenic, twisty highway 12. Just for a stopover, the Totem is ok. Fair rates for this older motel. Just a block from Main Street restaurants. Parking for motorbike is right in front of the little cabin. Good for the one night.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2019

The receptionist was nice and trying to be helpful.

I didn't have any problems with cleanliness. The out-dated but slightly charming cabin seemed sufficiently clean. (Note: I am not a clean freak!)

The towels in the bathroom with the semi-functioning shower head were fabulously thick and fluffy ;-)

The bed was THE MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have slept in during 3 months sleeping in hotels.

My big issue was with the quality of the WiFi in the rooms. I don't think the router/ internet installations can handle this many users. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes and after that takes another 5 minutes to reconnect to it's former not very fast speed.

I'm not tech-savvy in that area, but maybe several routers could fix that problem?

Too bad, if not for the Wifi issue, I would have considered booking here again on my way back....

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

My daughter and I had a pleasant stay here and a peaceful nights sleep! This motel is clean and very well cared for. The gentleman we checked in with was friendly and kind. The bed was a firm, comfortable mattress and the pillows were new and perfectly supportive. Being up above the river, it was quiet and picturesque. We enjoyed reclining in the chairs our back from our unit, listening to the river and day train as they passed by.

Lytton is a sweet little town with very nice people and everything one could ask for.

Thank you for a wonderful visit!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018

The Totem offers clean, basic accommodation at a very affordable price. While the property is in need of some TLC, it is clean and it is apparent that the current owners are investing in the property (e.g. new roofs on several cabins). The main home dates to 1912, while the cabins likely date to the 1930s or 1940s. The cabin I was in was actually quite spacious with a queen bed in the main room and then two twins in a separate room. My only 'complaint' is that the owners are using some sort of "air freshener" which I found way to strong and it impeded my sleep. The property itself, on a cliff above the river, is quite lovely and I really enjoyed sitting outside, at a picnic table, on a sunny, warm afternoon, reading my book, as it was incredibly peaceful and the landscape is beautiful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2018

Neat and clean for the most part. Bathroom sink needed a good cleaning around the down spout. Otherwise, shower was great, bed was comfortable. Adequate kitchen.
Train goes by every ten minutes. . .would bother a light sleeper. Public pool near by.

Room tip: Choose cabin closest to main house if you want a good nights sleep.
Date of stay: May 2018