“The rudest welcome”
Review of Camping Le Terrier

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lescar
Camping Le Terrier
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived before reception opened. The sign said it opened at 3. We parked our small caravan in a parking space by reception. It was not blocking anyone, and there were no signs to say caravans or camper vans could not be left there. We returned an hour later at 3.30. Reception was still not open. We rang the "emergency" bell, and someone said they would come. A young man arrived who started haranguing us for leaving our caravan in the parking space, and dealt with us in a very rude manner. He would not allow us to walk around the site to look at the pitches available and demanded payment in advance there and then. There are very few sites in the area so we had no option but to stay, but I was almost crying by the time I arrived at the first empty pitch. There was no information/map given to us, so we had to find our own way around. This welcome and level of information is very unusual for French sites. We have travelled extensively in France with our van. It doesn't seem a bad site, not great, but not bad, but the welcome was terrible.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went one week after the vacation season and well, there were a few services unavailable like the bar. We enjoyed the swimming pool. One thing: the service could be better. More information about the activities or the services would be helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

...and that was its main draw! Out of season seems to be mostly local residents/workers there. Guy in front office was helpful and his English is much better than my French. We found a pitch, found a working electrical point (had to take the leads across a road which isn't ideal. Toilet/shower block was as clean as you can make an old run down one. Everything with the vague (sometimes stronger!) smell of open drains. Two shower blocks, no designation of men/women. We asked for wifi and were told it works from the bar area. Bar didnt open that night (said it was open on the door but it didn't). So next night we bought a wifi ticket and sat at the bar amongst the smoking teenagers, tried everything but we could not connect and noone seemed to be able to help. Gave up. This stay was at the end of a big trip so we were probably a bit over the whole thing but it was the most expensive stay and the worst of the whole two weeks away. We were there for a big horse event and it was convenient to stay but I wouldn't rush back there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine R
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

As I'm traveling around France in a VW Transporter, when I called up and asked for a pitch with an electric point so I could charge all my devices, do some work, pay bills etc and also empty the toilet cartridge of my camper van I was told they have loads of points....
Upon arriving turns out barely any work, they are mostly all reserved for the static caravans on site and I wouldn't be able to do the main reason for staying on the camp site...work, pay bills and charge my devices.
The showers are better than average, the site has lots of pitches with electrical points around the place but the reception has said they are old and don't work.
Pitch size is large if you have a larger awning / campervan.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2015

Seemingly the only campsite in or very near Pau, so not much choice. Was able to cycle (approx 6Km) into Pau almost all the way on cycle paths and I understand there is a bus from the local village if you don't get run over getting there.
Disappointing site, a bit jaded at the end of September and many occupants seem to be people working in the area. Guy in reception not helpful when we needed advice about a repair but thankfully François kindly solved the problem. Sanitary block clean and adequate. Bar and pool on site which we did not use. Comparatively expensive (no out-of-season discount) but it served its purpose and our visit to Pau was lovely and worthwhile.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bse69
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

We have stayed at camping Le terrier, it was great a good place where to spend holidays. I must say, the management and the staff were really nice, we've met the owners Mme Salma & Mr Francois they are very welcoming and charming, we wish them the best of luck.

Eric

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our trip to watch the tour. This camp was a great spot about 10 km out which allowed us to use our bikes to get into town! No worrying about parking!! The reception staff were really friendly and great at communicating in sign language with us haha. The pool was a welcome escape after the hot days and the pitch was nice and shady which was great. I cannot wait to come and visit again!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple