“we enjoy our stay here in two separate occasions”

Hotel Oceania Rennes
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Saint-Gregoire
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed here because it was near our daughter and next to the spa. Rooms are clean and correct. Restaurant but we never used it because we were invited out.
Staff very friendly and efficient. Speak different languages.

Room Tip: We slept in different rooms all good
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
OceaniaRennes, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your stay in our hotel and we hope to see you again for a next stop in Rennes Saint Grégoire.
Kind regards, the front office manager

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very convenient place to stop off on our trip to return to Rosco. Very easy to find and ideal for the motorway. No need to get mixed up with the city traffic. Loads of parking and very unthreatening area.

Room Tip: Superior room was very good value.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OceaniaRennes, Responsable réception at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your stay in our hôtel and we hope to see you again for a next stop in Rennes Saint Grégoire.
Kind regards, the front office manager

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is a very basic hotel, photos make it look better than it actually is. Underground car park is like a boiler room and staff were so so certainly not over welcoming. The menu is very limited and not even a kettle in the room. A very disappointing stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
OceaniaRennes, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking time to provide feedback in regards to your stay.
We are constantly striving for excellence and I am sorry that we have failed to deliver this to you. Welcoming is usually our job and we do it with pleasure.
Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in Rennes.

Best Regards, the front office manager

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Over 100€/night is quite a big cost for an average hotel outside of the city. The room was little small, poorly equipped (bottle of water but no glass).

I had no meals there so cannot say anything about the kitchen.
The bar is tiny, opened till 1a.m. with drinks above 10€.

Only one elevator, prepare to wait in line if you are in a hurry for work.

For this price with this standard you can find a hotel in centre of Paris.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
OceaniaRennes, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feeling. We regret not having given you full satisfaction. Your rate was for a superior room included breakfast.
All our rooms have the same size in higher category but we also have deluxe rooms that we can make you discover during a next stay.
Best regards, The Customer Service

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Close to one of my Customers in St. Gregoire area outside center of Rennes, I have stayed here on 5 occasions. The hotel has undergone renovation between my stays and it is now even better. I tend to choose the nicer rooms in this hotel and they are clean and well appointed with nice beds and bath areas. Breakfast is very nice and the people working here are very cheerful and helpful.

It would be nice if they had Iron and Ironing board in rooms... or at least in more expensive rooms. Since this is a hotel geared towards business men and women, it would be very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
oceaniaocr, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear sir,
We are delighted that our service has lived up to your expectations and that this was a real comfort during your stay.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This hotel is situated right next to the Espace Performance III Business Park and therefore sees a fair few business travellers. The hotel has a permanent link to the Aquatonic Spa next door. Access to the Spa is not included in the room rate, and costs (at time of writing) about 17 Euros extra.

My stay here was marked by several good and bad points. First, the good

The room was clean, modern and furnished in a tastefully bland way - just what I was looking for in terms of modern decor. But the room was small. The desk at the end of the bed had a short of round stool / fabric covered seat thing. I could barely get onto it and my legs under the table before I fell backwards onto the bed.

The bathroom was also modern and fresh. Irritatingly the door to the bathroom was not completely opaque, more a sort of frosted glass. This door opened inwards (fine) but so did the shower door (not fine) so to get in the shower you had to manoevre past the door. Pressure of the shower was excellent and the sink and mirror very nice and clean.

Breakfast was OK, the scrambled eggs were those overly gloopy / creamy sort and the bacon looked like it had been steamed rather than grilled or fried. Other than that the variety was good and the products fresh, Perhaps the biggest disappointment - which I lay firmly at the feet of the hotel, even if they are not ultimately the service providers - was the laundry. I had just returned from Canada and needed some laundry, so I dutifully picked up the card and read that service was same day, if dropped off by 9am. So on Monday morning (I noted the service was not available on Sunday or Bank Holidays) I went down to reception to get a laundry bag. They gave me one, which I filed and brought back to reception just before 0730. I went about my business and in the evening called at reception to ask for my laundry. I was informed it would be delivered a little later in the evening, Fine. At 2100 I went downstairs (you see what's coming, don't you - but you would be wrong) and asked again. I explained that I had dropped off the laundry at 730. Phone calls were made. No answer. Promises of being in touch in the morning. I was checking out and heading over the Atlantic so I needed those shirts. I went to bed, only to be woken up about 2300 to be informed that my laundry would be delivered the next day, but that it was still unwashed. The laundry company is closed on Mondays. I checked and rechecked the paper form. No mention of this. So I recovered my dirty laundry the following day.

There are three failures here

- Failure to print the correct information on the form that you put in the rooms
- Failure to check the opening hours of the laundry
- Failure to follow up the problem until late in the evening by which time they had to resort to calling the mobile phone of the contact person to find out what was going on

I don't consider this a major drama. But for a hotel that targets higher end travellers this was a complete failure of process.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
oceaniaocr, Responsable réception at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking time to provide feedback in regards to your stay.
The laundry service was closed on monday and the new reception staff didn't know that.

Best Regards, the front office manager

Reviewed 15 November 2016

A comfortable modern style hotel with an ok location. It's nice and clean. Polite helpful personal. Good breakfast. A free drink voucher which is appreciated. Free parking just outside the hotel. Quiet and

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
oceaniaocr, Directeur général at Hotel Oceania Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear guest,
All our team thank you for your very pleasant comment !
We are looking forward to see you again in our hôtel restataurant in Rennes Saint Grégoire.
Best regards, The Oceania Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gregoire
Saint Hélier
Parcheminerie Toussaints
Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement
Novotel Rennes Alma
#24 of 64 in Rennes

Been to Hotel Oceania Rennes? Share your experiences!