Good value family hotel. All the staff were very helpful as Virgin had booked the wrong room for us. It was all sorted out in a couple of hours. The beach is fine and the staff will bring drinks to you. You can walk 1 min to the beach of the next door hotel if you want a more desserted spot and to swim and snorkel. Plus they put on a free bus to take you to a bigger beach 10 mins drive away where you get free drinks at the beach club, and you can hire jet ski and pick up boats to go on trips. This beach has the perfect sand and no rocks in the sea but is therefore no good for snorkeling.
A must to bring out insect repellant and mossy killer spray to spray the room as very bad bites can occur.
Your rep can hire a car for you and this is a must - drive round the island for a cople of day it costs @$65 a day.
Food in the hotel can be a bit the same every day they need to add more varity to the main course as every night it was a choice of chicken or fish and the green salad bowl always looked tired and could have been fresher. They should add a BBQ night like they do in hotels in Grenada and Tobago.
All in all good value for money and very good staff service and the kids love the swimming pool. Kids club could be more proactive in getting kids together as doing a kids party or something so kids will meet up and mix. Spa too expensive to use more expense than my gym spa here in London. So I was disappointed about that and was not surprised no one was using it. Gift shop was very pricey too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings