“Good value good quality”
Review of Chutney's

Chutney's
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Caribbean, Indian
Description: "Chutney" - a spicy condiment made of fruits or vegetables with vinegar, spices and sugar, originating in India. Satisfy your curry cravings with both West Indian and Speciality curries adding a range of traditional and non-traditional sides from rice to naan to plantain. Whether you have a preference of meat, fish or vegetables, at Chutney's everyone has the opportunity to design their own Roti. Select either a 'Dhal Puri' or 'Paratha' skin before indulging yourself in a wide variety of fillings that we offer.
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Stopped here after walking along the hastings boardwalk. Rotis were excellent, I had a vegetable one with loks of okra, another had a veg with added plantain and we also had one shrimp. All were freshly made and very tasty. They give you a little buzzer that you can take away that tells you when your order is ready. Good sized roti with lots of filling

Reviewed May 9, 2018

We ordered lunch at the office, it was delicious, I had curry and the portions are more than satisfying!

Reviewed April 11, 2018

A very good Roti for a fast food restaurant. Also good pizza, fried chicken through the same door . Very popular with locals.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

I am from the States, where we have what's called a Burrito - meat, rice, beans, wrapped in a Mexican tortilla.

The Roti is similar and the one that I had at Chutney's was very good. The wrap used for the roti is much softer than a tortilla and the taste is quite unique and delicious!
We also had the curried sweet potatoes and other side items, which were also very delicious.

I consider myself a burrito expert!!
Because this was my first Roti, I am not an expert at Roties and can't compare them to other places that serve Roties, but I will say that Chutney's has made an excellent first impression that will have me eating Roties again and again and again.

Also, the service was great!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

If you are looking for a tasty and reasonably priced meal (Rotis go for $7US) you can't go wrong with Chutneys. My husband picked up a takeaway chicken curry with sides and and an extra roti, a meal that left us both happily full. We will definitely be going back again.