“Wow”

Butterfly Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maxwell
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Stayed here for a week from the 16th of February, and I must say we were not disappointed.
Stayed in a sea view room 119 lovely and quiet with smashing bird song in the day and tree frogs in the evenings, my idea of heaven. We found the staff to be most helpful and friendly, especially when I was stung by a bee on the beach one evening and the lady on the front desk offered me some antiseptic. As mentioned in another review the sunbed reserving obviously does go on and I must admit it is a little a anoying and if I have one gripe I'd say this is it something that should be addressed... Rooms are reasonably equipped, but a can opener would be useful. Maid service exeptional, thank you Sheila, cleaned and bed made every day, although I always make it anyway and I think she appreciated we were never messy guests...

A must is a visit to Oistins fish fry on a Friday evening, we tried unsuccessfully to eat at Pats Place, it was sooooo busy, instead we sat down at the Red Snapper situated next door. I had Marlin, hubby had the flying fish. I feel I made the right choice as mine was delicious, there were also a few craft stalls there selling local crafts.. something a bit different!
Now onto the reggae busses..totally fine for a short hop but as with other busses these can become very busy and they have no qualms in packing you in like sardines and that can quickly become very uncomfortable, so my advise is hire a car..very reasonable, and as island is quite small it doesn't take long to get from A to B..The Atlantic side of the island is a must...breathtakingly beautiful .
Would I stay here again....most definitely, we will return next year.

Room Tip: Sea view...quietest
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank janeys46
Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Just returned home after a 2 week stay at this lovely hotel and we can't wait to return. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was fantastic, the room was fresh, clean and tiny just perfect for our stay.. The hotel being on the beach was just amazing and how lovely to eat your food with the sound of the waves and views of the beautiful blue sky and sea. It was just perfect... And to have a Roti shop next door and I must say the Rotis were so tasty and a bar that serves delicious pie and chips opposite we couldn't have asked for more. So onto the staff who are all so fabulous and very helpful. On the day of our wedding I received a lovely bottle of champagne and to receive a wedding card from Ryan at reception was a lovely thought. A big shout out to all the staff that made our stay so wonderful and made us book again. thanks to Debbie in the shop who helped with booking for harbour lights and arranging our car hire, she's a funny friendly and helpful lady and always has a smile for us as did all the staff.. We will definitely be back in 2018.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely we were on the 3rd floor facing the island it was very niice
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SharonP539
Reviewed 24 February 2017

The staff is very nice and helpful. The food is good. The beach is beautiful. Everything is clean. This was a good deal. I would recommend the hotel to others. The only thing that holds me back from 5 star is we got hand towels some days and wash cloths the last day, but never both. We had to ask for new soap and then ran out the last day. The pool towels, we had to use all week or there was a charge. We were with many people for a wedding. Apparently, the other side of the hotel had better service. Not their fault, the honking of the horns for the dollar vans were annoying early morning and late at night.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Stroudsburg_Sue
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I am writing this as we sit in the lobby waiting to leave. Here for two weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Hard to find fault with the hotel, lovely staff from reception, cleaners, maintenance and restaurant staff.
Special mention for our room lady Waynie who really looked after us.
The hotel is spotless and well maintained, lots of sun beds although the hotel needs to get a grip of the nauseating habit of sunbed reserving. It has been an entertainment though watching the almost ritualistic way in which guests operate when reserving beds. This applies to Brits, Canadians and Americans although special mention must go to a trio of Canadians who placed their towels at 6 am and checked on them regularly, they were also very upset if anyone took their table at breakfast.
The rooms ( we were in a superior sea view) were excellent, lots of room and storage space, comfortable bed and plenty of balcony furniture. There was a fridge, toaster, hot plates etc.

Didn't eat in the restaurant other than breakfast which was very good and plentiful.

With regard to eating locally, there is not a lot, Oistins fish fry is well worth a walk as is the Surfers Cafe.
Good supermarket at Oistins although the cost of living here is pretty high.

Try going the St Lawrence Gap a two dollar bus trip and visit Phillipes Cafe for their Rotis and the ice cream which is lovely.
Six beers, two Rotis and ice creams for equivalent of £20

Also worth spending time at the beach there at the Infinity hotel where two sun beds and an umbrella cost 20 dollars Bajian.

Altogether, highly recommended.

4  Thank soojim
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Great service. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. The restaurant and pool facilities were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. Transportation is available by bus or taxi right outside the hotel. Hotel has beach access and is close to local attractions. The rooms could use another pillow or two.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Lovely hotel, clean and comfortable, staff very friendly. Were very helpful when I accidently broke the safe. I had a great view from my balcony of the villa next door's garden and had a side view of the pool and sea, all of which were beautiful. There is a shop in the hotel and one across the road. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank andiec71
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

First time to this hotel and won't be the last! Basic room but clean and comfortable with wi-fi. Stayed in room 117 with lovely view to the sea. Food at the restaurant is gorgeous and staff so friendly. Two quiet beaches either side and decent size pool. We had the half board plan but we will be going full board next time to include our drinks. All in all a relaxing stay at this fab lil place

4  Thank krissy_iom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maxwell
1.6 km away
6.4 km away
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
#1 of 6 in Bridgetown

Been to Butterfly Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!