Stayed here for a week from the 16th of February, and I must say we were not disappointed.
Stayed in a sea view room 119 lovely and quiet with smashing bird song in the day and tree frogs in the evenings, my idea of heaven. We found the staff to be most helpful and friendly, especially when I was stung by a bee on the beach one evening and the lady on the front desk offered me some antiseptic. As mentioned in another review the sunbed reserving obviously does go on and I must admit it is a little a anoying and if I have one gripe I'd say this is it something that should be addressed... Rooms are reasonably equipped, but a can opener would be useful. Maid service exeptional, thank you Sheila, cleaned and bed made every day, although I always make it anyway and I think she appreciated we were never messy guests...
A must is a visit to Oistins fish fry on a Friday evening, we tried unsuccessfully to eat at Pats Place, it was sooooo busy, instead we sat down at the Red Snapper situated next door. I had Marlin, hubby had the flying fish. I feel I made the right choice as mine was delicious, there were also a few craft stalls there selling local crafts.. something a bit different!
Now onto the reggae busses..totally fine for a short hop but as with other busses these can become very busy and they have no qualms in packing you in like sardines and that can quickly become very uncomfortable, so my advise is hire a car..very reasonable, and as island is quite small it doesn't take long to get from A to B..The Atlantic side of the island is a must...breathtakingly beautiful .
Would I stay here again....most definitely, we will return next year.
Thank you Butterfly beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the South Coast of Barbados in an ocean front setting with access to two white-sand beaches, and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Refurbished in June 2009, we are an excellent hotel for those looking for a self-catering but full-service property near to all the amenities the island has to offer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Butterfly Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly Beach Hotel Barbados/Maxwell
- Hotel Butterfly Beach
- Butterfly Beach Barbados
- Butterfly Beach Christ Church
- Butterfly Hotel Barbados