“Lovely location.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Lovely location.”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

When we arrived after a long day travelling I thought this hotel was tired but after a good night's sleep and a cooked breakfast the following morning I changed my opinion and thought the butterfly beach was very charming, friendly and in a good location. A little supermarket opposite for beers to put in the fridge, a 15 min walk to oisins and a short bus ride to St Lawrence Gap where their is plenty of restaurants and bars. The room was big with air con. Ceiling fan and you could hear the waves crashing on to the beach.

Room Tip: High floor with sea views preferable
5 Thank Glenys C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Finnish first
leeds
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Butterfly Beach hotel is a 5 (maybe 6?) storey block around a mile down the road out of Oistins. We had an 'island view' room meaning it faced away from the sea and towards the car park and busy main road beyond.(We travelled independentally so as with most of Barbados we found accommodation very expensive and a sea view was beyond our budget).

The room was a good size ,clean and well decorated. It had a balcony with some semi tame wild birds who would take food from your hand. The room had all you would expect from a good mid range hotel- fridge, A/C,TV etc. Wifi was free but patchy in the room. There was also a microwave and cooker hob in the room.

There is a beachside restaurant on site with a small pool. One slight criticism was a shortage of shaded sun loungers (Such hardship- 1st World problems!)

The staff were efficient if a little brusque. The walk into Oistins along the main road takes around 15 mins though there are a few small local bars nearby and the buses to Bridgetown pass right outside the hotel.

In summary- a good mid range option for independent travelers (though most guests seemed to be on packages)

Stayed February 2017
2 Thank LS13
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Lovely hotel in a perfect location.
We booked through British Airways so were a sceptical but shouldn't have been.
The hotel is lovely, our room was huge, perfect location and everything you could need.
Everything was clean, did not eat here so sorry i cant comment but they do have happy hours and the menu's are on display in the lobby and looked good, average prices for Barbados.
We would love to return to barbados and would definately choose Butterfly Beach Hotel.
Oistins and a local supermarket about 10 minutes stroll, St Lawrence Gap a bit further but only $1 on the local buses.
Tip - hire a car for at least a couple of days to go exploring. Barbados is only about 20 miles by 12 (estimate) with lots to see all round the coasts and further inland. We particularly liked Crane Beach and Bathsheba.

Stayed February 2017
3 Thank Joyce M
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We have just returned from two weeks stay here and for location, cleanliness and value for money this is unbeatable.
The only downside for me is that the atmosphere seemed a little flat. No music around the pool and we were asked to turn ours down by another guest, evening entertainment was finished by 9.30pm and advertised daytime activities didn't happen.
Now I know what this hotel is like I would stay there again but maybe for my first stay my expectations were too high.
Front of house and restaurant/bar staff were great though

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. Unless you want to do a lot of cooking just go for standard rooms as all have a fr...
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jayne B
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Stayed here for a week from the 16th of February, and I must say we were not disappointed.
Stayed in a sea view room 119 lovely and quiet with smashing bird song in the day and tree frogs in the evenings, my idea of heaven. We found the staff to be most helpful and friendly, especially when I was stung by a bee on the beach one evening and the lady on the front desk offered me some antiseptic. As mentioned in another review the sunbed reserving obviously does go on and I must admit it is a little a anoying and if I have one gripe I'd say this is it something that should be addressed... Rooms are reasonably equipped, but a can opener would be useful. Maid service exeptional, thank you Sheila, cleaned and bed made every day, although I always make it anyway and I think she appreciated we were never messy guests...

A must is a visit to Oistins fish fry on a Friday evening, we tried unsuccessfully to eat at Pats Place, it was sooooo busy, instead we sat down at the Red Snapper situated next door. I had Marlin, hubby had the flying fish. I feel I made the right choice as mine was delicious, there were also a few craft stalls there selling local crafts.. something a bit different!
Now onto the reggae busses..totally fine for a short hop but as with other busses these can become very busy and they have no qualms in packing you in like sardines and that can quickly become very uncomfortable, so my advise is hire a car..very reasonable, and as island is quite small it doesn't take long to get from A to B..The Atlantic side of the island is a must...breathtakingly beautiful .
Would I stay here again....most definitely, we will return next year.

Room Tip: Sea view...quietest
4 Thank janeys46
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Just returned home after a 2 week stay at this lovely hotel and we can't wait to return. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was fantastic, the room was fresh, clean and tiny just perfect for our stay.. The hotel being on the beach was just amazing and how lovely to eat your food with the sound of the waves and views of the beautiful blue sky and sea. It was just perfect... And to have a Roti shop next door and I must say the Rotis were so tasty and a bar that serves delicious pie and chips opposite we couldn't have asked for more. So onto the staff who are all so fabulous and very helpful. On the day of our wedding I received a lovely bottle of champagne and to receive a wedding card from Ryan at reception was a lovely thought. A big shout out to all the staff that made our stay so wonderful and made us book again. thanks to Debbie in the shop who helped with booking for harbour lights and arranging our car hire, she's a funny friendly and helpful lady and always has a smile for us as did all the staff.. We will definitely be back in 2018.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely we were on the 3rd floor facing the island it was very niice
2 Thank SharonP539
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2017

The staff is very nice and helpful. The food is good. The beach is beautiful. Everything is clean. This was a good deal. I would recommend the hotel to others. The only thing that holds me back from 5 star is we got hand towels some days and wash cloths the last day, but never both. We had to ask for new soap and then ran out the last day. The pool towels, we had to use all week or there was a charge. We were with many people for a wedding. Apparently, the other side of the hotel had better service. Not their fault, the honking of the horns for the dollar vans were annoying early morning and late at night.

Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Stroudsburg_Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maxwell
5.4 km away
1.2 km away
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Butterfly Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!