This was our 4th stay here but we hadn't been for 2 years so didn't know if things had changed. A few reception staff had changed since our last visit, they were all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and we were given all relevant information when we checked in. Room was as usual Bajan style with huge bed and nice balcony, fridge, kettle and electric rings with plenty equipment.
The same people were working in the restaurant/bar which says something about their employer and they always remember you. Some of them have been there years. Happy hour 12-1pm and 5-6pm is always popular but we did miss Carib beer which they'd stopped stocking.
The managers party on a Monday is an excellent way to speak to the staff and enjoy the rum punches and fish balls. We only ate here this time for the barbecue which is good value for 55BD$. The fish was lovely.
The location is great with entrance to the beautiful beach. There's a couple of bars within a few hundred yards and Oistins is a 20 min walk where you can find a bank and supermarket plus the fish fry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the South Coast of Barbados in an ocean front setting with access to two white-sand beaches, and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Refurbished in June 2009, we are an excellent hotel for those looking for a self-catering but full-service property near to all the amenities the island has to offer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, West Indies, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Butterfly Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly Beach Hotel Barbados/Maxwell
- Hotel Butterfly Beach
- Butterfly Beach Barbados
- Butterfly Beach Christ Church
- Butterfly Hotel Barbados