Checking in was easy, we was impressed with the welcome that we received, having stayed here some years ago. All the staff was friendly and helpful. This is a lovely 3* hotel, situated overlooking a small beach and the fabulous turquoise ocean. Yes, it could do with a lick of paint in places, but as other reviewers have commented before; this is a really pleasant, informal and chilled out hotel. Not 5 star, but you aren't paying 5 star prices. The rooms are charmingly simple in Caribbean style and very clean. Return clientele that speaks volumes of this hotel, and how you are treated by staff working here.
We were on the bed & breakfast basic it was relaxed affaire with either continental or full cooked buffet, juice, toast, cake, or a good supply of tea or coffee. The staff are attentive and friendly. and were very well looked after. IF, we were in at lunchtime, the Roti Man next door was wonderful selection, is other guests will confirm. Which serves Roti of your choice? They are extremely cheap on the beers. Also, try bar 1, right across the road where Ian and Christine the owners makes you very welcome. For the evening meal there was plenty of choice, there is Oistins is 10 minutes away, while and St Lawrence Gap is 10 minutes away in other direction. Use the Reggae buses if you like loud music – they are brilliant fun and only $2 a trip, or there proper buses you can take. Every day at 5pm at was happy hour with BOGOF, Buy
One gets one free that seemed while popular for some reason.
We only ate twice that the hotel, once was the first night when the first arrived, the other was barbeque night with Steel Pan music and Manager’s Rum Punch Party with free rum punch, both times, we dined outside on the terrace only yards from the seashore. The pool area was clean and spacious, not crowded and there was a private gate onto the beach, which was stunning! The aircon worked well and kept the room at a comfortable temperature. Great little onsite shop with very reasonable prices for gifts, no need to shop anywhere else. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would definitely return sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the South Coast of Barbados in an ocean front setting with access to two white-sand beaches, and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Refurbished in June 2009, we are an excellent hotel for those looking for a self-catering but full-service property near to all the amenities the island has to offer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Butterfly Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly Beach Hotel Barbados/Maxwell
- Hotel Butterfly Beach
- Butterfly Beach Barbados
- Butterfly Beach Christ Church
- Butterfly Hotel Barbados