“And a great time was had...😊”
other travellers have booked this property
Garden area for Green Gates
Crop Over
Racing at the Garrison Savannah
Crop Over Carnival
Route from the airport to Little Gates
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
brendar78...
“And a great time was had...😊”
Reviewed April 27, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this little place for an impromptu get away and were definitely pleased with the unit. A 45 min delay in being picked up at the airport was not the most reassuring way to start our stay however with that behind us we were able to focus on relaxing and getting to know our area.
As mentioned in other reviews the apt is very clean! We arrived to fresh, free range eggs from the owners, juice in the fridge and a few other little extras. Although the place is tiny it really does what it needs to. The overhead fans were as much as you needed for heat relief most of the time, ac would have been nice during the later afternoon when the heat was at its highest. Cooking dinner was attempted only once. The kitchen is small and heats up pretty quickly with the flame from a gas stove. An outdoor grill would be a real bonus for this unit. I could see cooking all of the dinners outside and being much more comfortable. Needless to say, we ate out a lot.
The overall experience was great and I would most certainly recommend this property to family and friends. If we return to the area we will most definitely be calling on Little Gates.

Redddwine
Barbados
“My Little Paradise !”
Reviewed February 6, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

How time flies when you're having fun...so true...
My time here in my perfect little paradise is almost over...
But I will be back...that is certain...
The accommodations are great inside and out ...
The location is the best...close to transportation, The Gap, and of course the Sea!
The owners are true to their word and wonderful to deal with...
I am booked for next time...are you???

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness Location Shade...did I say Location...
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
AnissaMag...
“Very cozy vacation rental”
Reviewed November 26, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Little Gates apartment for 2 weeks while I vacationed in Barbados. The apartment small, but perfect for the 2 of us! It was modernly furnished and super clean with a fully equipped kitchen! The location was perfect.....close to the Gap and Oistins; however, the area was very quiet and residential. The apt wasn't air conditioned, but all the rooms had a large ceiling fan. We had a great experience at Little Gates and look forward to staying there again real soon. Thanks Peter and Nan for the lovely accommodations.

webbnurse
“Remarkable”
Reviewed September 27, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

The place is as it's preview here. The place had enough cookery to accomodate a family of 4 persons or more. The landlord is amazing. She checked in occasionally to make sure i was comfortable very approachable. Thanks for lunch, the bottle of wine, and fruits. The beach, literally, 2mnutes. Public transportation, 2min walk. The neighbor checked in on me daily and always made me laugh,
Drawback, it rained a lot when i was there, poor drainage, unit needs a dehumidifier to assist with the humidity. Would rate this place 100 percent
Will be back next year
Thanks Mrs.Nan
Thanks tripadvisor teams

browneyes...
“Great”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment was nice and clean. Location us great. Could do with an A/C as it gets very housing the apartment.

JulietBlu...
New York City, New York
“Great intimate setting for a short getaway for two.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and myself visited Barbados for a week for Crop Over. The owner of the property arranged for a taxi to pick us up and provide us with the rental keys, the driver was not the person she informed us would be there it was his "brother". We had to wait about 5-10 minutes for the main guy to bring the keys. When we did get into the rental everything was just the same as the pictures, very cozy and clean.

The rental is in walking distance of the beach, and restaurants, the area is nice and quite, an additional closet outside the rental was available for our luggage, and there was a shared washer and you can line dry. In addition to the front door there is a gate with a pad lock for more security. There is no AC but that was fine considering the nice breezes coming throw the window. We were provided the password for the Wi-Fi but the signal was not consistently strong not sure if that was due to the raining nights we had.

We were meeting up with a group on friends for the events that ran really late so we honestly did not spend much time at the rental. We didn’t get to meet the owner but we did meet her husband and other tenant from the rental, they told us about places and events we might be interested in on our visit, they were very nice.

All in all the owner made a great effort to get in contact with us, but NY phones aren't the greatest in Barbados, we communicated mostly by email and she is great in her responses time. I would definitely rent from her or refer her to friends in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the area was very quite.
Liked least: Internet signal was weak.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
SarahNinn...
Toronto, Canada
“Our little peace of paradise”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this rental for me and my boyfriend to getaway for 3 weeks March 22- April 12 2014.. I'm Canadian and he is from the island, we aren't a high maintenance couple, we just wanted a relaxing getaway without any worries and that's pretty much what we got. I have never used TripAdvisor before so I had my worries in the beginning but we ended up really enjoyed our stay in this apartment and we would recommend it to other couples!

It was a wonderful trip for us but we did find a small amount of problems throughout the weeks.. When we arrived I found it to be a bit smaller than the pictures had made it seem, but for just 2 of us it was definitely cosy. We found it was very clean, well decorated and liked that there were little extras like fresh flowers, a bowl of fruit on the counter and a bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge, that really added a nice touch. All the dishes and cutlery were brand new but we did find that we needed a cookie sheet for the oven or even over friendly dishes to bake with. I didn't quite like that there wasn't a real closet in the bedroom (I packed a lot of dresses that needed to be hung up), just high shelves that were a bit tough to get into due to their height, I'm 5'8 but I still had some issues. There is however, a small cabinet in the living area that has a place to hang up clothes but it wasn't able to fit my dresses along with his work clothes, so we had to fold a lot of it but other then that the bedroom was really nice. Bed was soft and the sheets were a light cotton so it was the perfect temperature at night. The bathroom was large but I had some problems with it.. It is nothing too big but the curtain rod kept falling down while I was in the shower ( it me a couple times) and the windows needed longer curtains over them because even though they had short ones, the building directly behind us could see partially into our shower. The last thing I have to say about this apartment as a negative, would have to be about the constant battle I had with containing the mosquito's. Both the living room window and the bathroom windows didn't have screens on them, so whenever we opened them to get fresh air during the day, the mosquito's would come in, this didn't bother my boyfriend because i was the only one they were biting. When I left I told this to the rental agent and she said she would have all that fixed for the next renters!

The location is in a quiet, safe area so I wasn't worried about being alone during the day or having to walk to the beach alone. the only negative thing i have to say is that there is a rather big home right beside the apartment that can make it feel a little claustrophobic at times.. The apartments front door is directly in front of their washing machine so when I had the front door open for a breeze during the day, the neighbouring family could see right in.. in the beginning it was fine, but after about a week of this it started to bug us. The house has 2 doors that could be used (front and back) but the family chose to use the door closest to us so it was always loud and busy, which got a bit annoying when your trying to relax and watch a movie alone.

There are 2 beaches that are very close, which I loved because I'm an avid swimmer, went twice a day most days. The closest one is small, segregated so its a much more peaceful experience. The second is much larger but it is about a 10 minute walk from the apartment. This beach is where the hotels are so it always has a lot of people around, but it also has security and a lifeguard station that made it all that much better for me because I like to go for walks along the beach after setting up my stuff.

So even though the apartment had its little hick-ups I would recommend it to any couple or single person! we had a great 3 week vacation and we would go back, the rental agent is very nice and couldn't be easier to talk with! give them a try and I'm sure you will be happy you did!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was very clean and tidy
Liked least: No screens on a couple windows
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing