All reviews locked gate dover beach lawrence gap clean and safe place minute walk small apartment change money economical stay walking distance to the gap cleaned on a daily basis air conditioning long stay the ritz stove top convenience store felt like home kitchen facilities
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I stayed for just one night in April while awaiting a cruise. Bright and immaculate. Very friendly; informal. It is really an efficiency apartment with all you need for cooking. Excellent bathroom facilities. Just 100 yards from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom N
Reviewed June 3, 2018

I spent one night at the Meridian Inn on 21 May, 2018. I arrived at around 5.00 pm and retrieved my key from a draw near the phone in the reception area. The key was in an envelope with my name on it. I took up my residence in room C.
The room was clean and with the ac on noise free enough for a decent sleep. The hotel can be described as an aparthotel as my room was indeed an apartment with a fully equipped kitchen which would no doubt facilitate a long stay.
One problem I had was an inability to access wifi in my room which was the closest to the router; I had to access the internet in the reception area. The owner, who came promptly when I called, told me that that was unusual as access from that room and indeed other rooms in the building is normal; so perhaps I stayed at a bad time for internet access from the room but I had no problems in the reception area. Additionally, one does have to toggle the faucet a little during a shower to maintain an even temperature. Finally, I would like to suggest a covering for the small window in the kitchen which allows a little light into the room at night. A small black out curtain would facilitate residents who like to sleep in total darkness.
I found the Meridian Inn good value for money and apart from the minor issues I had a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Cutty1954
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a stay that has a great location but out of the limelight i greatly suggest going here. The staff are friendly, helpful and non intrusive. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I must also give a great recommendation for the taxi driver Andy, always on time and a great person. I must say this place has greater potential but they have mastered what they have now. Two thumbs up.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Evroy B
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I spent a few days recently at The Meridian Inn. The most positive side to the Meridian is location ! located .in bustling St lawrence Gap one of Barbados most vibrant tourist areas, with access to Dover beach just two minutes walk via The Dover Court Hotel or 5 minutes from heart of The Gap. The studio apartment I found basic yet pristine and spotlessly clean , air conditioned, with kitchenette and seaview balcony and quiet ! Local amenities within walking distance , for mini markets bars and restaraunts, to go further afield around the island , regular local bus and shuttle services just 10 minutes walk from hotel . Manager Graham and Michele were excellent and operate a helpful team. If you are looking for economical studio accomadation in a Barbados hot spot. The Meridian Inn ticks all the boxes !

Room Tip: 2nd floor sea view rooms / studios are quiet 8 and 7 sea views.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank lonelytraveler190784
Graham T, Manager at Meridian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about the hotel. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Barbados.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

My flight was delayed but when I arrived my room was already ready - they had worked to get a room available as soon as possible since I was supposed to arrive early in the morning. Paulette, Juliette and Michele are very helpful. There are small items and beverages for sale in the office and they exchange currency. The property is dated but had everything you could need...except for a hair dryer but I probably missed it. It's like have a small apartment and the gate locks at 6pm. The only time it's loud is when a nearby property has karaoke night (Fri/Sun) but that stops at midnight. It's near the beach and plenty of restaurants. Even in slow season, there are a lot of options. There's a couple of paths to the beach but if you take the one to the left and make a left toward Turtle Bay/Sandals, see Captain Sam for a beach chair and water sports. Can't speak on nightlife. I went to sleep! Beach is beautiful. There's a kitten on property that likes belly rubs - just an FYI. Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank mayj
Graham T, Owner at Meridian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

We are so happy when people enjoy their stay on the island our island. Thank you so much for your kind words. Please ask for anything you might need, even though the rooms don't have we do have hairdryers and other items for your use in the office.
Looking forward to having you again!