All reviews almond tree small beach bathroom door the gap dover beach harlequin restaurant karaoke bar small fridge ceiling fan pool deck convenience store budget hotel sound of the waves air conditioning bars and restaurants night life sea view
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Good location on the Gap, with bars and restaurants opposite. Only 5 minutes walk to the main road for the bus stop. A great view of the ocean from your room, we saw turtles swimming past a few mornings. Rooms are cleaned every day, towels changed daily. Rooms are a good size, bit dated but clean with everything you need for a 2 week stay. All the staff are very helpful, security guys are on site 24 hours a day. Bar area next to the pool and a small beach on site. Only a 10 minute walk to either Dover Beach, or the better beach is Worthing beach as you can see the turtles by just walking out a bit, 20 BDS for 2 sunbeds at Barbeque 101 bar, its only a short walk up the main road. After looking at the other hotels in the area for the same price range, I would defiantly choose this hotel over the others. Good standard hotel, no issues during our stay and would recommend a visit.

Room tip: pay the extra for a superior ocean view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 265garys
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

A great view of the ocean! A spacious room, very clean and everything is in good working order. No sign of any bugs. The property has a large pool with a deck that runs the length of the property over-looking the ocean.
A very small sandy beach for swimming, but only a 10 minute walk to Dover Beach nearby. The Gap is quiet during the day but it turns into party central at night. Many bars, restaurants and night clubs up and down the Gap. The music is loud and it goes on until 2:00 AM. So, unless you are a geezer, you just need to join in and enjoy the experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Only good things to say about this hotel. On arrival we were welcomed and informed about the property as we were first timers. The room was clean and well prepared and the view was just exquisite. The Gap has a wide variety of food places and bars as well as a small convenience store next door. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kyerelk
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights in a superior ocean view room it was just perfect the view was amazing. The room came well equipped its very clean housekeeping provided daily with clean towels couldn't ask for better.

The only negative thing is we book a double bed we got two twin beds put together it was a little uncomfortable. Otherwise every thing was on point love the small private beach and will definitely be rebooking to return to rostrevor hote.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I only stayed here 1 night on a layover and my title may be misleading because I've made an assumption rather than experienced it myself! I arrived at 10pm after a long delayed flight and 26 hours on my feet. As the taxi turned into St Lawrence Gap, I could hear the loud music. The street was lined with clubs and bars. Rostrevor Hotel was directly across the road from one of those places. The room I had was a Superior Ocean View one, with both air conditioning and a ceiling fan. There was also a kitchenettte and balcony / terrace. Very pleasant and a good size. Although the music could be heard on entering the room, it could not be heard on the balcony, and with the airconditioning on (and bathroom door shut) it actually was only very faintly heard, so my desperately needed sleep was not interrupted. Unfortunately, my flight out was at 8am, so I checked out at 5:30am and did not have the opportunity to experience more than my room!

Date of stay: February 2018