“Excellent for self catering”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were told that Ocean 2 would be good and we were not disappointed. The rooms (suites) all face the ocean and are very comfortable with two large rooms, a balcony and a bathroom with a walk in shower. O2 is easy walking distance from the lively bars and restaurants of St Lawrence Gap. Beach area was nice and the sea swimming was great fun though a bit rough for beginners. Lots of beaches of all kinds were nearby. I would agree that the service in the restaurant could be a bit slow but it was also very polite and the coconut shrimps are fabulous. I would higly recommend this place - we spent a week here and another at Mango Bay on the West Coast which was very different but also very nice.

Room Tip: Get a suite from floor 3 upwards. All seem to have fabulous ocean views,
2  Thank GKODurham
There are newer reviews for Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Spent a fab week at O2..don't dither go there, highly recommended. Staff lovely, v clean, great location cannot fault anything EXCEPT the service in the restaurant is bone crushingly slow which is such a shame because it so frustrating to wait over an hour sometimes for scrambled eggs and sausages i just want to get on the beach! I have emailed the manager and i await his comments with interest as everyone was complaining, if you go and feel the same complain and give them an opportunity to put it right.
So tips..Barbados not cheap so if on a budget be careful, try Burts Bar in Worthing, take a brolly lots of showers, book yourself onto the Bridgetown shuttle from the hotel BD$10 round trip worth it nice place definantly worth duty free shopping bought Hilfiger and R Lauren bargains priced up a Tag watch which was £600 cheaper than UK, try the harbour for lunch, Calabaza catamaran cruise (swim with turtles) fantastic day out, O2 not recommended for children..sea rough no kiddies pool..take sand shoes for swimming lots of rocks on O2 beach..beaches either side of hotel calmer and less rocky, if an offer to crawl over broken glass will secure you room 102 (or adjacent) do it...I am told Holetown is worth a visit..Lawrence Gap seen better days but still plently of bars and restaurants..do not miss Oistens Friday Fish night..
You will not be dissappointed with O2, we loved it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank neezy10
Reviewed 25 February 2012

From the hospitable cocktail party that I attended on my arrival on holiday with my son in law and daughter here at Oceans 2 I have enjoyed every day of my stay at this delightful location.
I have stayed at a number of hotels in Barbados in the past years and can honestly say that this 'tops the list'!
I hope that you'll be able to keep up the standards as time goes on and that I'll be back soon again. Congratulations

1  Thank Rosemary E
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and the receptionist guided us the bar for a welcome fruit cocktail while she checked us in. We just sat back and relaxed - a great start to the holiday. We were given an invite to the hotel cocktail party on Wednesday evening and also a voucher for a complimentary message - which I took up and a very nice man came to our room with a mobile massage table. I understand that some ladies may prefer more of a spa experience and if so this is not for you.

The room was lovely, we had a view of the pool and the sea. We had a fully stocked kitchen with a gleaming oven that looked that it had never been used, and never used it either. I meant stocked with equipment, but we went with Virgin Holiday and they provided us with bread, milk, bacon and eggs and tea/coffee on arrival. The bathroom was fabulous, you could fit 10 people in the shower. The king size double bed was really comfortable. Maid service was daily, by request, you just hung a card on the door.

The sunbeds were the most comfortable I've ever had, so wide with thick cushions - fabulous. Hotel staff came round with cold towels to cool you down or sometimes a cold spray.

The hotel is located in a quiet area, but only a short walk from restaurants, shops and bars.

We went on the Bajan Bus Tour and visited the Mount Gay Rum Visitors centre. We had a taxi driver take us there and wait for us and bring us back for 40 Barbados dollars.

There isn't much to see or do, it is mostly a relaxing holiday. The sea on the south coast where this hotel is located is rough, it's more gentle on the west coast. We could watch surfers while we sunbathed.

Any bus fare is 2 BD, no matter how far, but you may need to catch more than one bus for longer journeys. There are the blue buses and the little white ones who beep you as they go past to see if you want a ride. We used both, the white ones are more regular, but are small, they just look like mini buses.

It was a really enjoyable and relaxing holiday, I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sheffbird_10
Reviewed 24 February 2012

It's been just over a month and the sunny day yesterday reminded us of our wonderful stay at Ocean Two. Best of all its baby friendly, which made our first family holiday with our 6 month old even more special. Room was well equiped, taking care of babies needs was easy. Most friendly staff, everyone remembered our names. Great location and second best of all our view was amazing. Special thanks to house keeping for accommodating our baby needs including proving us with a baby pack and play. Have already recommended this hotel to family and friends............

Room Tip: Get a sea facing apartment........
3  Thank Gaylene_12
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Wow, what a beautiful hotel. My daughter and I walked in and were so pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was. The Beach is beautiful, the pools are lovely. We stayed in a hotel room which is very small, but very nice. Not very good storage for clothes and we were only provided 6 hangers. I asked twice for them and finally after 3 days we got some when I asked the maid. The phone never worked but that wasn't too much of an issue. Basically, there isn't any service after they clean your room in the morning but that being said I would do it again. The bar was okay -- they make you sign two chits and won't just let you give them your room number. Pain in the butt. My suggestion is to walk to Scottys or Dover grocery store to buy a Banks or a soda. I think one of the best parts of the hotel were the pool/beach boys (they weren't boys) but they were so nice and so attentive. Bajans are lovely people -- friendly and intelligent.

I wouldn't consider this a kid hotel. Although there were kids here, but wasn't kid friendly, especially for young kids. Even though Barbados is fairly safe, I was very good about keeping my 14 year old close.

2  Thank davidsonknoll
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The most polite and the nicest personnel! New and beautiful building, well-equipped rooms, excellent restaurant. Greetings to you all there in Oceans Two, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We had an apartment with two bedrooms, two balconies and seaview. Big and beautiful!
4  Thank TelluVantaa_Finland
0.7 km away
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#10 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!