This hotel wasn't our first choice. Virgin Holidays changed the hotel as our original choice of hotel was under renovation and on reflection I'm glad they did. We had a one bedroom ocean view suite. Décor in the suite was very modern although a bit dark for my taste. I prefer light and airy colours when at a beach location. Our suite consisted of a lounge, kitchen area, bathroom with shower and a bedroom. Wasn't so keen on the bedroom as it didn't have any natural light. Large curtains covered what was a blank wall. Very dark. Stove, fridge, microwave, washer and dryer which was very handy.
All the staff were really nice - everyone had a smile for you. From Shani in Reception to Kevin and Aneke the waiter/waitresss, Rashid (?) - there were many others and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
Ice lollies were served most days at around 11:30 - very welcome on the hot days. There was a manager's cocktail party every Wednesday on the rooftop area with live music and snacks - more snacks please! BBQ on Saturday nights with tables on the beach.
We tried breakfast on the first morning and it was OK - they serve the full Monty which sometimes you don't actually need. On one occasion we asked if we could just get a couple of eggs on toast - the answer was unfortunately not and if we wanted that, we would still need to pay the full price of BBDS 60 each. I thought this was a little short-sighted as they lost custom on the days we went out for breakfast to one or two of the local cafes.
We were told that the hotel's beach was 'man made' and it did feel different to the beaches further afield. It was quite rough with lots of shells. Not the soft sand which is synonymous to Barbados.
Overall, we had a lovely time at Ocean 2 but we agreed that there was something missing as opposed to our original hotel. It could have been the lack of 'Bajan' flavour in the decor as you could pick Ocean 2 up and place it anywhere in the world. Bougainvillea (original choice) has a lighter and airier feel to it. But again it was lovely to try something different .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap