“Three fantastic weeks”

Ocean 15 Hotel
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Three fantastic weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

After spending two weeks here last year we just had to come back this year for three weeks with our friends Mike and Carol and we were not disappointed,Cheryl and her staff were great they looked after us so well we just did not want to leave. Ocean 15 has everything going for it, you don't need these hotels were you are just a number, here you get the personal touch we certainly would not stay anywhere else when visiting Barbados. Once again I would like to thank Cheryl,Lisa and the Niles family, and of course the staff for a wonderful three weeks we look forward to seeing them all again. Please take care of our friend Paul.
All our Love Ken and Jane

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
You guys will never be just a number at Ocean 15!! We certainly enjoyed hosting you again and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for joining us at the Manager's cocktail party - an opportunity to get to know you better and to understand how to serve you better. The Ocean 15 family is complete with guests like you!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Ocean two which is basically across the street. We were trying to save some money so we found Ocean 15 for coffee in the a.m. We tried it for dinner and then again and then again. Then for lunch and once for breakfast. Seriously, yummy food for a good price. There are residents around, but I don't know what the hotel is like at all. They keep it clean.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank davidsonknoll
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed our Coffee Bar and Restaurant.
On Thursdays, in addition to our Jazz nights, we have started a buffet and due to its popularity, will be commencing a Saturday BBQ Buffet from this Saturday.
We are pleased to announce that our Head Chef Janelle Crawford was adjudged #1 Pastry Chef in the recently held Barbados National Chef & Bartenders Competition. Javon Cummins, our other full time chef, was judged to be #1 Junior Chefs.
We are proud of all of our chefs - the food is great and it is excellently presented.
Hope to see you again at Ocean 15 Hotel - ask for Marlene, Sharon or Teri and they will organize for you to see a room if unoccupied or at least the rest of the hotel!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I would rate this as more of a 3.5 star place, but that's not an option here. The hotel is fine, our room (a studio) was very small, but about what we expected. You're a block or two from the beach and a 10 minute walk from the main part of the Gap. The restaurant in the hotel was OK. The food and drinks were decent. Some of the bar staff was good and some seemed like they really didn't want to be there. The hotel has a nice looking pool, but we didn't use it (we're more beach people).

You're in a quieter area of the Gap here so no club noise keeping you up at night, but at the same time you've got a decent walk to get to that main area. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay near the Gap, this is a good spot for the price, but if you're looking for ocean front or ocean view, then this isn't the right place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zedsdead_77
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thanks so much for your kind review. We consider our location "at the quieter end of the Gap" to be prime as our guests get to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Our guests also enjoy the proximity of the hotel to the beach (within a five minute walk to the Dover Beach).
We look forward to your next visit to Ocean 15 and Barbados.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Well 10/10 accommodation, food 10/10, atmosphere nothing, manager of ocean 15 a wonderful lady she will go far always a smile, bar staff nothing I am sorry but that is how it was please focus and ask yourselves why most nights empty , I would recommend ocean 15 to anyone a massive improvement from ocean 11 but if you could re create the personalities they had behind the bar you will have the best place in the gap .

Room Tip: All excellent except room 5 studio no view due to canopy too high
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
10/10!!!! Thanks so much for your review!
As a young hotel (almost two years under the new ownership), we have made major strides in our service. We continue to work on improving that service as we seek to achieve a 10/10 rating in all areas! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again at Ocean 15.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Been going to Barbados since 1996 and have stayed in many places.Stayed here when it was Oceans 12 and through ownership change,was very worn out. Stopped by January 2011 after the renovation was done and WOW what a difference and the new owners are very nice.
The wife and I are returning for the month of February(2012) , can't wait , minus 31 here in Canada now.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barbadosrules
Kudos to the Canadian possee!!!
Thanks for choosing us over and over and we are glad that you are enjoying the new and much improved Ocean 15 Hotel. De Luxe for less!!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I spent four(4) nights, at Ocean 15 Hotel. It is a small but well equipped, well located hotel. It is amidst the larger hotels like Ocean 2, opposite Turtle beach and Almond beach yet you'll see guest from nearby hotels visiting the restaurant/bar.
The rooms are big and clean with private balconies, there is a small pool with a swim up bar, however if you want peace and quiet do not stay in a room on the first floor, facing the road and/or close to the entertainment area, as I did. The beach is just 2 minutes from the hotel.
The manager, receptionists and other staff are quite friendly and accommodating. I needed a special arrangement because my husband had exams at Cave Hill so could not stay over every night, I thought this would have been a problem but it was not. The cleaners are timely, too timely if you want to sleep late. i would recommend the fish and salad. I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you do not want to be in the limelight, don't choose a ground floor room, but if you want to...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms, staff and overall Ocean 15 experience. Our small size allows us to relate closely to our guests and to seek to cater to their personal needs.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope that your husband has been successful in his exams at UWI, Cave Hill!
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ocean 15 from Nov 30th - Dec 5th, based on a recommendation from one of my friends and I must say I was not disappointed at all. When we got into our room which was room 1 the place was so amazingly clean I thought we could have eaten of the floor, just to give some indication as to how clean it was. They also have daily room service which will come and neaten the room, change the towels and wash the dishes.

I must admit that the room was not very big but its just the right amount of cozy. However, room 1 is situated right by the bar area which can get somewhat noisy as they have jazz Thursday nights and karaoke on Friday and Sunday nights which usually go up until midnight and on some occasions may run a little later, but the front office will call to see if its bothering you or if it is ok for it to continue, which I found was very nice of them. So just for future reference if you like it quiet in the night ask for a room far from the bar area.

Next there is the food which was really good but I think my favorite part of the meal was the wonderful service you got from the bar staff. They were just so polite and eager to help and it just made the meal that much better. I also enjoyed the coffee bar which have a really nice caramel drink which does not have coffee in it.

Finally I would like to say that there are so many things good I could say about Ocean 15 like its great location, the nice pool that allows you to access the bar for drinks or the fact that all rooms have wireless internet access (and from what I've heard internet access in your room from other hotels is not standard so that was really good) but I wanted to end on what I saw to be a major positive factor pertaining to Ocean 15 and that is the three lovely ladies I met in the reception office. They were Terry, Cheryl and Kelly all very polite, pleasant and helpful individuals and I just loved the hospitality I got the entire period I was there. Even the security guards were amazing.

So i would DEFINITELY stay at Ocean 15 another time. It was nice!!!!

Room Tip: Like to be close to the action request room 1 Like it quiet and more private request a room upstair...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy-AnnD
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thanks ever so much for your very positive review of Ocean 15!
All the aspects which you highlighted are areas in which we aim to provide excellence of service in order to make your stay with us a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you again in Barbados and at Ocean 15.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
4.0 km away
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to Ocean 15 Hotel? Share your experiences!