Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Trek42893980798
Worst food ever !!
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 5, 2024
Very bad food. My wife en I got very sick of the food : Fish was not fresh.
Fish was served at lunchtime, not cooled. Full with flies on it...
And we saw the same fish was served in the evening by dinner !!
Never in my life had such a bad hotel !!
Breakfast was very poor, with old bread....
Bad Bad Bad ....
Date of stay: December 2023Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
StayForLong
    79.3 km from Hotel Camino del Mar
    Restaurant
    este es el frente de la casa
    Get rewarded with One Key
    Pool
    53.2 km from Hotel Camino del Mar
    View more hotels in Cayo Guillermo
    5,830 results
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed July 16, 2023

From July 5 to 8 I stayed at the Camino del Mar Hotel, or Melia Cayo Guillermo as it is known by many in Guillermo Key in Ciego de Avila province.
    I am Cuban, from Havana.
    I have a lot to say but I will try to be as objective as possible when leaving my opinion for the next guests, and of course, for the Administration or the hotel representative.
    I am a lover of animals and living beings, I am also an inevitably believer in their harmonious coexistence with us, be it in a rural town, in San Antonio Cape or in a hotel.
    It speaks volumes that they have living beings around their facilities.
    The guests are always very loving with them and enjoy seeing them healthy and well cared for.
    Nevertheless I strongly suggest that a mass sterilization campaign be organized to control the population of kittens and puppies that I have seen during my stay.
    Please stop taking the measure of removing them when they reproduce incessantly, it is our responsibility to protect and help them as well.
    The kittens control pests and rodents, they are loving and do not bother anyone, if they are eliminated, in 1 time, new ones will return.
    If they are sterilized, the community will be controlled and they will coexist peacefully and happily.
    I volunteer to help with the sterilization process of stray animals. This is a process that in 1 day, in a few hours is resolved. If we really want to help, we can.
    I live in Havana and I am very up to date with everything related to animal welfare and protection and willing to assist in this matter.

Regarding the hotel:
    The facilities in my opinion were ok, the staff friendly, and the beach very nice as well.
    Mosquitoes were all over the place (something I honestly expected during summer and rainy season in my country), in addition I have to admit that the food wasn't good, at all. First time I experience that in a hotel. I understand about the shortages, but now more than ever, the quality, supply and presentation of the food could have been better managed than it was. I have experience in the hotel and tourism sector, as well as in Customer service, so I have domain and experience on the subject.
    ​I believe that more effort must be made to provide a service of excellence.
    I hope my opinion it's useful to you all.

Date of stay: July 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    4  Thank glendal913
    Reviewed June 17, 2023

Staff are amazing,friendly and helpful. Some rooms had been renovated with walk in showers. Ongoing problem with ho hot/warm water.food shortage of selection but never went hungry. I love this hotel and will go back as staff and management go all out to make your stay enjoyable. Pool and beach are fantastic.

Room tip: Rooms behind Snackbar and pool are close to everything
    Date of stay: June 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank jkk6666
    Reviewed June 1, 2023

The perfect place for a beach holiday. Thanks to Jasiel from the entertainment team for the cheerful mood and care. I liked stretching with Alejandro in the morning and salsa with Yisel. I liked bachata, pool volleyball and disco. Every evening performances of singers, dancers, magicians. There are swimming pool, bars, a gym, a tennis court, a pond with turtles, three restaurants, two bars, a disco bar on the territory . In the lobby - Wi-Fi, shops, billiards, coffee bar. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. Room with minibar, sea view, beach towels, iron, hairdryer, air conditioning. Good range of food and drinks. Great diving center on site. Clean beach, beautiful sea. I recommend! My vacation was exciting and interesting. I flew to Cuba for the first time, but I already want to return again.

Room tip: Take medication, mosquito repellent and SPF. The gym is open 24/7. The tourist bus runs daily (from Cayo to Pilar beach)
    Date of stay: April 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed May 13, 2023 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel once again having not been since before covid 19.
    The place is just as beautiful as ever was and the staff are just as helpful and kind as they ever were.
    There are shortage issues in Cuba which span both hotels and the country in general. This needs to be understood before judgment is made. These shortages hit nobody harder than the Cuban people themselves.
    This does not affect the outstanding service given by every single member of staff at the hotel.

We still managed to get by on Steak and lobsters washed down with Cristal beer and Havana club rum and I cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: May 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed February 28, 2023 via mobile

The location itself is beautiful.. beach is nice despite some seaweed.
    The rooms are dated but we don’t spend much time there anyway.
    The food is atrocious.
    The A la Cartes are closed due to lack of guests they say.. so our only option is the buffet. I’ve been to Cuba before and several other places in the Caribbean and we are not picky eaters. The options are extremely limited. You have a choice between putrid mystery meat and unidentifiable mush. There’s NO rice, cheese, fries, pizza, pasta. The buffet itself smells overwhelmingly of feces as soon as you walk in the door. The tables and place settings are dirty.
    They have a cocktail menu but you cannot order 75% of it. They’ve given up restocking our water in our room on the second day…
    Worst experience we have ever had at an all inclusive.. by far.
    And before you say that you get what you pay for.. it cost us $1600 CAD.
    Our friends are at the starfish which has a lesser rating and is 10 minutes away and said the food and services are incredible. Yikes.

Date of stay: February 2023