“The Host with the Most” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abigail's Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Rowan
Abigail's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Port Rowan B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“The Host with the Most”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Nestled in the small village of Port Rowan, Abigail's Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful choice for a weekend on Lake Erie or a hideaway from work. Madaline, the hostess and owner of Abigail's, made my wife and I feel like family with her easy manner and endless food. We felt at ease and at home within minutes as she told us the history of the place and it's surroundings there Norfolk County. A former elementary school teacher and farmer's wife, she has a plethora of local news, information, and goings on that one won't find on google.
The rooms were really nice, über clean, and extremely quiet as we are used to road noise and the odd siren. We awoke without an alarm but to the smell of fresh coffee and a huge country breakfast. Although we kept saying, "No, thanks we're no that hungry," miraculously the fresh baked muffins, bacon, eggs, etc. just kept disappearing! Great stuff.
My wife and I stayed only for the weekend, I could and will stay for a longer period of time in the future as Port Rowan's proximity to the various lakeside resort towns and the Long Point UNESCO World Biosphere is a big attraction...next time I'm bringing my canoe. I think it provides a great base to explore the water and the rural routes.
A lot closer than you think, much friendlier than you can imagine, a great time all round, I'd highly recommend Abigail's B&B for your next nights away from home.

Room Tip: - although we brought our computers to "work" it was a welcome reprieve to have dial-up in...