All reviewssomme battlefieldsbudget hotelbreadpleasant staffan ideal locationrooms are cleangreat showerbed was very comfortablefree wificar parkhamplenty of parkingeasy accessvisiting the areastayed here for three nightsshower roomnight stay
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We are big fans of Ibis Hotels. They are similar to Travelodge at home and ideal for touring around. Situated on the outskirts of town they always have places to eat beside them. On this occasion the restaurant is in the hotel and the food was surprisingly good. The accommodation and hotel are spotless and comfortable. The staff are so friendly and helpful - Marine, Stephany and Bernard. Had booked for one night on way to Luxembourg and were so happy booked it again for 2 nights on our return to tour the Somme sites.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janice703
Reviewed September 1, 2017

On the outskirts of Albert with links all across the Somme battlefield. Helpful staff, the rooms are clean and pretty spacious. Free parking! Breakfast was adequate. We didnt try dinner but the hitel made a reservation for the Corners Pub in the centre of town. Close to 3 supermarkets, 2 petrol stations and a car wash!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I have stayed at the Ibis Albert on a number of occasions with friends and family to visit the area. It is the perfect location to explore the battlefields and the hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. And the food has been surprisingly good and was one of the selling points. When you are in your car all day it's good to settle down to dinner and a glass of wine without having to get behind a wheel again. The standard menu was surprisingly expansive and the specials were very good indeed - imaginative and almost gourmet in their quality. Unfortunately on this trip the food was a real let-down. The new menu was greatly reduced - mainly burgers, steaks and chicken. The specials were even worse. A number of the dishes were no longer available, and of those left, only one portion - duck - remained - and my brother had to choose something else. The duck was tough and difficult for my mother to cut - we were thoughtlessly not provided with a steak knife. My steak hache was undercooked which resulted in a bad night for me. A number of the desserts too had run out and were reduced to the standard fare of chocolate cake and ice cream. To run out of any food is unacceptable for the Friday of a Bank Holiday weekend - especially when on-line booking means they have a better idea than ever of how many may be eating. We were so disappointed that I - reluctantly - had to take to the wheel again and we ate elsewhere for the remainder of our stay. I have enjoyed my stays at the Ibis very much but the range and quality of the food has been part of the experience. I suspect my family will not come back. I'd very much like to, but you have to get your restaurant in-order.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Manonabicycle
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Perfectly placed for battlefield tours. Very comfortable. Modern and clean....but

We had a food complaint...after waiting 80 minutes from ordering for our meal, my wife's arrived cold, with congealed fat on the plate. We immediately sent it back to the kitchen, we were not only charged (she did offer 10 percent off the price of my wife's meal)(1.5 euros) for this sub standard meal, but the duty manager proceeded to ask another customer what she thought of the same dish; saying to my wife that the food was fine because the other guest said so............that was the worst piece of customer service I have ever come across.

The same manager then decided to tell me that it was standard Ibis practice to do this.
Well Ibis, let me tell you that if this is your standard complaints policy then I will be staying elsewhere in future?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan E
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The Ibis is by no means a fancy hotel. Located just off highway D929 at the east end of the town, it offers simple accommodations at a great price. It is a good spot to base your visit to the Somme region given its location. The staff were very friendly and helpful (they can speak a bit of English), the rooms clean and quiet if not a little small and there's a small restaurant where you can grab a meal or have a drink. Interestingly, the hotel has a few games in the lobby including a very interesting one using pool balls and a cue!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family