All reviews somme battlefields budget hotel bread pleasant staff an ideal location rooms are clean great shower bed was very comfortable free wifi car park ham plenty of parking easy access visiting the area stayed here for three nights shower room night stay
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Great value for money.hotel scrupously clean.bedroom superb, the staff were friendly and helpful.would stay again and recommend.the hotel was in a good location to visit the somme battlefields which was my main purpose for the visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank 76barrieg
Reviewed September 22, 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 21, 2017

A relatively new IBIS. The room was clean and airy and well thought out design.Staff are friendly with good English. The bed was very comfortable, it was great that the window was not locked shut. It is well sited for a quiet nights sleep. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday. Ideal location for visiting the Somme battlefields and memorials. The hotel is situated a couple of miles from the centre of Albert. The rooms are clean, comfortable, with enough room for a couple, plenty of storage space and a good shower. We didn't eat here in the evening, preferred to eat in a couple of local restaurants in the centre of Albert. We did notice a few reviews regarding the cost of the breakfast in the hotel at nearly €10 per adult for a continental breakfast. This is correct, but what we did was use the rolls, ham and cheese to make up a packed lunch as well for when we were out and about visiting the local WW1 sites ( there are very few French shops open on a Sunday to get lunch). The hotel staff were very friendly and most welcoming.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil P
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I was disappointed on my 2 night visit to the Ibis this year, last year we couldn't find fault with anything but this year we could, the rooms were comfy if a bit basic and the shower was great and very warm powerful, firstly I have to comment on the breakfast, although there was a decent choice of continental items on both mornings there was no egg machine, when I asked for an egg I was told broken machine and offered nothing, on the first morning there was one cold boiled egg on a plate on offer, on the second morning none, as for dinner I thought the menu choices had been cut down, we both choose cheeseburger and chips the first night as we didnt fancy anything else and I must admit they were tasty, but the second night I ordered steak, a mistake, it was probably the toughest steak I had ever eaten, sorry tried to eat, not good at all, I heard a few other complaints about the food from other visitors sitting around us as well, Now the positives ... the staff are fantastic, really friendly and kind, the location of the hotel is perfect for the Battlefields, right in the middle of the Somme with Thiepval only a 5 minute drive away, to sum it all up would I return to this hotel probably not, the catering standards must be improved upon, very disappointing, I think I will try a different establishment for my next annual visit to the somme, Sorry !!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family