1,571 results
All reviews animation team carema club pool bar self catering air con main pool inclusive bar bye bye bouncy castle family holiday water park pool party bar staff climbing wall buffet restaurant kids club aqua gym
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Our first family holiday abroad and it was so disappointing. The hotel looks beautiful on the pictures and loads for kids to do but actually there isn’t! My kids were sat bored around the pool on days it was was too cold to go into the freezing pools! No inflatables are allowed around the main pool where the “entertainment” is. The food was very basic and cold and you were covered in flies wherever you sat. Thank god for the freshly made pizzas that’s what we lived on for the week! The hotel is also in the middle of nowhere so it’s a bus trip to anywhere we visited in October and the island was shut for the season! The pull out bed was not the best we had both kids in bed with us for a week we couldn’t wait to get home and get some sleep! The children’s entertainment was shocking! We could not believe what we was watching!

1  Thank Rach S
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I would consider giving this hotel 3 stars but there are a few low points that really deserve mention, and on balance, the negatives outweigh the positives. That said, we did enjoy our stay in Menorca. We hired a car which allowed us to visit many wonderful beaches and towns, and I would say that is a must. It did mean we were able to get away from the hotel every day.

We chose the hotel for the water park. We have a 2.5 year old and she loves the water. However, she wasn’t a big fan of the water park and it took a few days to coax her down the slides. She didn’t exactly love them and they were a bit rough for her. Unfortunately the water park doesn’t offer much for children of her age. The biggest let down about the water park is that it a mission to get to (making it more of an excursion from the hotel) and when you’re there you can’t drink, and there isn’t a loo. I imagine most people who stay at this hotel would want to base themselves at the water park for most of the day, but there’s nothing to do there. We have a 3 month old as well, and my wife wanted to put her pram in the shade and there was hardly any of that. And nearly all the sun loungers around the park get sprayed by the water. So for adults the splash park is a waste of time unless you want to use the slides as well. As it’s tucked completely out of the way of all the other facilities, you wouldn’t really be able to leave kids there unsupervised. In all, I’d say that this is the USP of this hotel, and it really doesn’t do it very well at all.

Our apartment was spacious, and included a kitchen/ sitting room, and a bedroom and bathroom. The apartment was very basic and pretty shabby: mould around bath; a difficult lock on the front door, chipped kitchen cupboard doors that wouldn’t close properly; rusty ceiling in bathroom. You could almost call it characterful, but that would be going a bit far. We had plenty of space for the four of us. We had a sea view though it was rather obscured by a tree.
It rained on one night and water came down the wall next to our headboard. I woke up with slightly wet hair and found a large puddle under the bed! We had wondered why the room smelt so damp when we’d arrived, and suddenly discovered the reason! We didn’t move rooms as we liked our location near the car park. And luckily it didn’t rain again.

There was a loud heater unit mounted on the top of the roof of our our apartment. I’d estimate that about a quarter of the apartments have one. It came on intermittently for several minutes at a time throughout the night and was really quite annoying.

The steps, walkways, and ramps that run all around the hotel complex are ridiculously slippery. They are lethal and I’m sure that people must break bones. Other reviewers have mentioned it too and I cannot believe the hotel management haven’t addressed it. The hotel is on a steep hill and there is a lot of walking to be done. When the paths are wet, they are even more dangerous. Our two year old (a strong walker) slipped over tens of times and we had to hold her hands everywhere we went. Her crocs proved better than her converses. My wife carried our three month old (pram useless - too many steps) and was terrified of slipping over. We all lost our footing several times but my wife and I didn’t actually fall over. I would absolutely not go to this hotel if you aren’t 100% confident on your feet. And you’ll definitely need so sticky shoes.

There is a beach near the hotel. We took one look at it and walked away. Between the sea and the sand there was a massive mound of seaweed, the length of the beach. There is another beach round the corner but we didn’t bother with it. We had a car and Menorca has many very beautiful beaches. It was far easier to get in the car and drive to one of the many each day than to try to tackle the steps down to the local one, carrying all out beach gear. I’d certainly only recommend staying at this hotel if you are going to hire a car. I can’t imagine being stuck there for more than a few hours.

Food: Very basic. Mostly cold. They do provide microwaves, which are very popular. I’m not quite sure why they can’t heat up the food for you. Cold baked beans, croissants and pain au chocolates are just some examples.

As a vegetarian, I found the range of food pitiful. There were loads of meat options but they insist on putting tiny bits of meat in nearly everything: green beans; scrambled egg and with bacon in it (despite there being a tray of bacon next to it); Spanish omelette; salads; pasta. It was entirely unnecessary to put meat into nearly all the vegetable dishes and it made my experience of the meals very frustrating. I had pizza for supper each evening as it was one of the few things that had a veggie option. My wife eats meat and found the food bland and cold. There was variety, but the selection didn’t change much each day. We are both teachers and agreed that the quality of the food is very similar to school food. Fine, but safe and certainly not gourmet.

All in all we had a super stay in Menorca but this was not really because of the hotel: it was because we were able to get away from it.

2  Thank Richlowndes1
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Just home today from a week in this hotel,thank God!!!
Travelled with a 4 yr old and 7 yr old. Although we had a good holiday, kids first experience abroad, we'd never be back here. Beautiful setting but in the middle of nowhere. Fantastic if you want a relaxing no frills week.
The room - Damp, black mould in corners, rubbish pull out couch bed for 2 kids. Our 4 year old had to sleep with us as the damp was going for his chest being so close to the floor on the camp bed.
Plus point - cleaned and towel change daily.
The food - Cold a lot of the time, flies and basic. Thank God for the pizza but sub standard. No one got ill though.
Bar at pool - Anna made our holiday. She is amazingly friendly and welcoming.
Beach - Full of seaweed. If you have mobility issues you wouldn't be able to climb the mega wooden walkway to the neighbouring beach area, which was beautiful but hard to get too. Rocks to climb before we met the stairs and witnesses and elderly man fall.
Splash pool - fab! Kids loved it but loose tiles and very slippy.
Entertainment - crap to be honest! One night we saw flamenco dancers, they were great. Rest of the week we spent in the cinema room.
Main bar - grand apart from a bar man who needed a lesson in manners. Ignorant and rude!
Main pool area - needed a clean. My main gripe with this was the male pool attendent. He took a very small ball off my 4 year old saying no inflatables. However, he let a child float about in a huge white unicorn freely. My kids were upset by the situation so I complained at reception. Room G101 for reference to who is reading this.
I'm not sure if they spoke to him but the next day I ended up having the same man roaring in my face about my son's little beach ball. I then got very angry and shouted back. He was letting some kids play with inflatables and not others but because I challenged his rules, or lack of consistency, my kids were definitely being watched. He either took a dislike to us or had a thing for unicorns. Either way, having arguments on holiday with members of staff is out of order.
Would return to Menorca because it's beautiful. Never this hotel though!!!

2  Thank Emma M
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Clean big comfy rooms. Great food. Very hot on terrace in restaurant at night. Needs air conditioning in the restaurant. Staff all very friendly. Super clean pools. Tiles need fixing on floor of splash pool with slides. Great new park area in the shade. Ladies on the pool bar work incredibly hard but need more staff on with them as queues get big. Ask for cava inside behind the bar (not on display). Al la carte restaurant visit was amazing, gorgeous steak. People complain about the hills but we coped with a 3 and 5 year old and a push chair. Small beach next to hotel ok. Take the walk over the wooden bridge to the gorgeous quiet, unspoilt cove. £15 euros for an hours pedlo ride was good value, saw a sting ray! WiFi good. We had lost luggage for our entire trip and the Jet2 reps were fantastic, doing everything they could to help. Couldn’t have asked for more. Great Mini disco at night but needs to always be outside as inside is soooooo sweaty! Local bus to Fornells is definitely worth s trip. Lovely quiet, underdeveloped fishing village with a super kids play area. Supermarket next to hotel has pretty much everything you need. People complain about no inflatables in the pool but we liked it as it meant there was more room for kids to play. Great holiday in a lovely quiet unspoilt area.

Date of stay: July 2018
PedroJ1985, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Carema Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear Jane, thank you for choosing Carema club to spend your holidays. We are very happy that you have spent a beautiful vacation with us. We are pleased to have made you and your family happy and we hope to see you again

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We travelled as a family of 5 adults and 1 six year old. We were really sceptical before arriving after reading all the bad reviews. We had a fantastic time, the weather was amazing and the food was amazing. The only bad thing about the food was that it wasn’t piping hot but we did make good use of the microwave! The kids section was three options but most ate from the adult sections.

The rooms were outdated but had everything you needed i.e kettle, microwave, tv and some pots and pans which we didn’t use as we were all inclusive. We stayed in F block which were the superior rooms, so I can’t say what the other rooms were like. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn’t like walking or has walking disabilities as it’s all up and down hill.

The beach which is over some steps is absolutely lovely, travelling in October before the half term was great as the beach was pretty much empty and it has crystal clear water and soft sand! Perfect for our young lad who loves building sand castles and looking for fish! It was also very shallow for quite some way so didn’t have to worry.

The pool was plenty big enough, sun beds not a problem but being out of season we didn’t struggle to get one, however I could see this being an issue in busier times. We are glad we went all inclusive as someone paid €6 euros for a coffee and half a larger!

The area around the pool was very slippy I’m not sure how they can overcome this but needs looking into. Especially the slope down to the pool where my father fell down. We invested in some non slip socks for my son but he still slipped. The splash park was ok, I think would have been better if warmer but again that’s not the hotels fault.

The bar and entertainment staff were lovely and so helpful! The entertainment itself wasn’t the best but my son wasn’t that interested so didn’t bother us.

The only really thing we hated was the mosquitos but this isn’t the hotels fault so I would recommend taking some plugs and plenty of spray.

The equipment such as the bouncy castle, pool tables, and crazy golf were quite old and tatty, I definitely think these need updating.

We took a trip into Fornells which is a lovely little harbour some restaurants and cafes. We were told some Places closed between 1-5pm for siesta so we went down in the morning. We had a lovely stroll i would recommend going for a wonder and a drink or meal. We also went into Mao (Mahon) which was about an hour on the bus but is a lovely place, you could go on glass bottom boats and enjoy the markets and shops. I would recommend going here we didn’t have enough time here so definitely would go again!

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday and met some great people! I would recommend this hotel but think of it as more of a traditional hotel rather than being a commercialised hotel. It does have good and bad features but still enjoyable!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lucy, thank you for choosing us to spend your holidays. We are very pleased that you have spent a beautiful vacation with us. We take note of the notes you have written and we hope to see you again