“The best kept secret in Cape Town!!”
Review of Cafe Orca

Cafe Orca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run seafood restaurant situated in a beach cottage with arguably the best views Melkbosstrand, Cape Town Open for lunch only 21st March 2018 Our Easter Hours: - Closed 30th March - Lunch only 1st & 2nd April - Closed 3rd April
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say? This is the best fish restaurant I’ve ever eaten at. The meals were interesting - swordfish with capers and harissa sauce - my favourite and absolutely delicious! All superbly presented. The service was amazing. Enrico was a fabulous help in choosing our meals and cute too boot!! The four of us decided to choose 3 starters and 3 mains to share for lunch. (We took the left overs home) The food was outstandingly fresh and delicious. Nothing too much trouble for the crew of Café Orca. The view over the bay was an added bonus. What a great afternoon! Definitely going back there!!!

3  Thank reneday

Reviewed January 9, 2018

My visit to this very unassuming little "cafe" was dynamite in a small package. Wow, our welcome was warm and genuine, our host/waitron was so overly attentive we didn't know if we were in heaven or just in for a treat - well, we ended up with both!
We were spoilt for choice, but with our hosts help and input - we chose 2 different line fish options - and could not stop eating. The portion sizes are HUGE, flavours and texture of the fish was DIVINE! Drinks were ice cold and service was impeccable. A HUGE 6-star experience - at an astonishing price of less than R 400 for 2 - including drinks and a huge tip!

3  Thank CapeTownMommy
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Our party of four had a most enjoyable lunch yesterday. Not having made a reservation, we arrived just before one p.m.- the terrace outside was nearly full but we chose to sit inside as it was a very hot day. From the terrace, one has beautiful view of the beach and bay. The service is topnotch, fast, friendly, efficient which matches the quality of the food. All the ingredients appear to be fresh which comes through in the eating. Yes, highly recommended..

3  Thank mauicatCapeTown
Reviewed January 5, 2018

We always return to this restaurant whenever we in Cape Town. They have the best seafood that we even make special trips! HOWEVER although they say they can accommodate 100 pax, in trying to book a birthday group for only 26 guests, they advise my group is too big to handle! In response and despite having checked all our guests that they happy to be served at different times during the evening in order to accommodate the kitchen demands and planning to pre-order/plan menu with the restaurant well in advance we have been advised they still will not take the booking.
My only comment after being turned away, is that our entire group of guests are HUGELY disappointed and a number of ongoing patrons will be lost as a result. I now need to arrange for all guests including locals to be transferred some distance away from Melkbos in order to provide the experience we have in mind.
Cafe Orca - I checked website for group bookings and I do not find any notices regarding limitations or maximum numbers that can be catered/booked. As a matter of urgency, please put a CLEAR notice on your website on the front page so other groups who may have the same idea going forward as I did, can be aware of your limitations.

2  Thank ChrystalP
Reviewed January 1, 2018

THE restaurant for a fantastic selection of fresh tasty seafood.

As far as the seafood goes, there aren't many in this class!
Although there is only one steak (Florentine / spinach) you can ask for a plain pan fried fillet (don't say I said so) which is great with any sauce.

The service and quality of food is top class,albeit a bit on the pricey side. Corkage charge is on an escalating scale and steep too, so I hope you like their wine selection.