“Good accomodation in Ramallah”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramallah
Khouriya Family Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 14 Ramallah B&B and Inns
Helsinki
“Good accomodation in Ramallah”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Really nice and helpful people! Stay at Khouriya Guestihouse really upgraded our trip! Though located just outside Ramallah, they helped us to move around + the place was cosy and quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tiina1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oslo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A positive and open family welcomed us, ready to give the best of them selves and make our stay. The atmosphere in the house is calm and the mood and behavior of Rawda and Issa makes you feel the best.

The heart of the house was, for me, the huge long- table in the main room, first floor. Here are the meals and lively conversations over cups of tea or coffee when coming “home” if you like to.

Rawda and Issa offers you transport, wash of clothes and all meal including dinner by agreement. Rawda is the perfect hostess and her Palestinian homemade food is weary tasty and easy to like. I can strongly recommend you to enjoy an evening with dinner here in this heartworm atmosphere.

“My room” had a very good mattress, drawers and cupboard space. Like the rest of the house bathroom, toilet and shower was clean and tidy. In Palestine there may be problems with water pressure and I noticed that sometimes when showering.

In our more than a week long stay, we, 8 people, were daily in Ramallah and the option in place of stay was very well for that. Bus and taxi connection is very good. The small village of Jifna with its cafes, good food, and atmosphere is also worth visiting.

The little extras that make this accommodation unbeatable is the upper floor with a beautiful veranda and a "relaxing room".

So thanks to Rawda and Issa, who make Khouriya Family Guest House “like coming home.”

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ragnhild S
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 13 November 2011

In June 2011 I stayed a whole week at the Khouriya Family Guesthouse in Jifna outside Ramallah. I travelled alone (as a girl) and felt that a guestfamily would be a nice way to spend my time in Palestine instead of sitting alone in a hotelroom everynight. I was right, it was wonderfull, Rawda and her family are kind and happy to help you with anything. The house felt like a home away from home, really. Issa drove me around and showed me how to take a bus, find the market, and how to behave in the street. I could reach him on his cellphone day and night. Rawda cooked dinner and breakfast and answered all my questions.

If you're going to Palestine, make sure to spend at least night at this guesthouse.. Just to relax, get to know real palestinians and put everything in perspective. It's a lovely house, the rooms are spacious and clean !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lottedemey
Jayyous
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed for two nights from 9th to 11th of november 2011 and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the comfort of the Guest House. I took a daytour with Issa, the manager, to Taybeh, Jericho and the Desert. It was a great experience with a competent tour guide.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I've recently been lucky enough to live with Rawda and Issa in Jiffna, the West Bank:
Khouri Palestinian Family Guest House.
I can most warmly recommend this place, you will be greeted as a member of the family. You canget single rooms, Double room and triple rooms. Breakfast is included in the family kitchen, and you can ask for dinner at home in the house, where they serve the most delectable dishes. The house is located in Jiffna, a picturesque and quiet village not far from the more buzzing Ramallah.It is easy and inexpensive to take a taxi, and Issa, the man in the house, can run if you request it.
If you are going to the West Bank, I can most warmly recommend to stay at Rawda and Issa.
Kathe Øien

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 November 2011

In July 2011 I had the pleasure to stay two nights at the Khouriya Family Guesthouse in Jifna outside Ramallah. Jifna is a beautiful and calm village, and so is the guesthouse. We were a group of 18 people that stayed there at the beginning of our ten days trip in the West Bank, and it was a really great start on our roundtrip! Rawda and her family welcomed us in the familiar warm Palestinian way, and I felt at home right away. It was really like coming home to a family that you have known for a long time, and i truly felt like a home away from home. My bed was comfortable, everything in our room was clean and nicely organized. The breakfast was excellent, and it added the extra touch that we ate and shared the common rooms with the family. For people that have not visited Palestine before, this is the best way to do it for the first time!! I recommend Khouriya Family guesthouse to everyone that I know who is going to Palestine, both people that have gone before and people going for the first time. And I konw for sure that I will stay there the next time I'm going there!! Elisabet

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elisabet P
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My girlfirend and I have just returned from a 2 day stay with Rawda and Issa in their beautiful home in the equally beautiful Jifna. Our stay, start to finish was fantastic in every way. In the two days we were there we wanted to see as much of Palestine as possible and everything from driving us all over the west bank to arranging visits to refugee camps was taken care of, nothing was a problem. As for accomodation, everything was exceptionally clean and the homemade food was beautiful. The hospitality we were shown was superb and we were really given a genuine, authentic experience that would be impossible to have while staying in a hotel.

Personally, I would highly recommend visits to refugee camps and also to Hebron to get a clear picture of how incredibly tough the lifes of the Palestinian people are as result of the occupation, settlements etc. It is heartbreaking to witness this and to hear of the horrific stories told by the people, but it is something you MUST experience when visiting Palestine.

We can't thank Rawda and Issa enough for making our trip to Palestine such a memorable one, it was an experience we will never forget and we fully intend going back some time in the near future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple