I think it speaks volumes that we just returned from our second Secret Bay trip, and it hasn't even been a year since our first! We knew we wanted to plan another trip sometime in 2012/2013 and when we found out we were pregnant, we had to work it in as our babymoon. I didn't have a single reservation about heading back to Secret Bay while I was pregnant, because we had felt so safe and well taken care of the first time. We even alerted the staff while we were booking and Anastasia and Gregor reassured us it would be safe and we would have plenty to do (my doctor gave the OK as well :)).
We are a very active couple and, knowing I wouldn't be able to do many of the excursions was not a problem once we worked with the staff after arriving onsite. Anna and Marvin knew exactly what I should/could do while being pregnant and set us up on some of our favorite excursions yet. This was amazing to me! I was concerned with seeing or doing enough and I was completely taken care of, doing things that were safe, appropriate, and breathtaking. Even if we hadn't taken a single excursion this trip, Secret Bay's amenities and activities would have been enough to keep us relaxed and entertained.
We stayed in Zabuco again because we love the location of that villa, as well as the space and pool. The food service (preparation by local food geniuses in the kitchen) is now included and we ask for all local and all surprises... and are never disappointed. The expertise of the staff when it comes to setting up activities, excursions, or if you need an underwater camera, is the best I have ever experienced. I can honestly say we felt like family on our first visit, but being back a second time, we felt this even more. We were there in July, which is technically rainy season, but we would go back during that month without any concerns. It seemed to rain over night or in the morning which didn't affect our plans one bit and was quite relaxing.
Whether you are looking for a babymoon destination or any other type of trip, I hope our feelings of safety, relaxation, fun and pure enjoyment come across in our reviews for Secret Bay. We are going to build a small family and get back as soon as we can and I know we will be just as satisfied and thrilled as these first two times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth