All reviewsprivate beacha family run hotelroom was cleanlovely beachgreat locationpoolhillpeloponneseownervillagesea
Reviewed March 2, 2015

After business trip in Athens, I decided to visit Messinia, area of South-Western Peloponnese, where I was couple times in summer but never in February. GoldenSun hotel is not listed in booking.com and I found it by chance via Google. I got answer from hotel manager and booking was ready for 3 nights. I am doing my bookings almost always via booking.com, and it this case I did not regret to do do it on other way. First - hotel is on very beautiful place, just before Finikounda (from Koroni direction). It is isolated but close to Finikounda. It has its own beach (which I used for walking) and it is located in a bay, with hills in background. Second - staff is fantastic. Mr.Psiharis Sr. and Jr. adopted me in family. I got fantastic breakfasts and dinners. I was served super tasty oranges just from hotel garden. Mr.Psiharis Sr. is excellent cook with international experience. Room was simple, with good bed and very good pillows. The only issues was relatively cold bathroom (definitely not an issue in summer). Hotel is very close (10 to 15 km) to 3 South Messinia towns - Koroni, Methoni and Pylos which are very worthy to see - very large fortress in Methoni, originally from Byzance time, Koroni with narow streets in the hill and Venice fortress with small monastery and bit newer Pylos, sitting in incredible bay surranded by islets and rocks ... If possible, I will go back ....

Room Tip: All rooms have balcony with beautiful sea view,
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Marin881
Reviewed September 19, 2014

It was a beautiful hotel with a perfect pool and an almost private beach !!the hospitality was perfect and the rooms very clean !i belive if i will be again to tha same area the choice will be the same!!!thank tou for the acomodation!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Κωνσταντίνος Ν
Reviewed September 15, 2014 via mobile

Nico was, and he is a really Men of Greece, the Hotel ist faboulous in your category, to eat there are local Food very good prepared von her wife!!!
The Pool and the See at the Same Place wonderful.
The Hotel is Most clean and the employed are wonderful.
Is at few minutes to Finikouda Little town at the Same Place.
Very wonderlful Place i will be Here every Year :)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Golden Sun in Finikounta for two nights on July 2013 and found a jewel of a hotel. Great pool and bar with a private beach and a restaurant with home made food like you mom and grand mother used to make. We used the hotel as a base while exploring all the historic sites around like Methoni, Pylo, Koroni and the palace of Homeric king Nestor. The accommodations were excelent and the owners of the hotel very friendly. My wife and I both highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry C
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Super swimming pool, view, beach, pool bar, restaurant
Where was the staff?
The worse breakfast ever, a piece of ham, cheese and bread (hard as a rock)
TV smaller than a tablet screen.
Stayed 3 nights with wife and kids. Will go back but not before 4-5 years, the time to improve the service.

• Stayed: August 2013