Bath House Hotel
Haselbury Mill(Haselbury Plucknett)
US$136
US$126
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbath househollywood suitekarine and ronexecutive suitesmoked salmonlovely little hotelwould highly recommend this hotelair conditioningwarm welcomesmall hotelcooked to perfectionfull englishjurassic coastlocal produceperfect hostsforde abbeypot of tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We are not usually taken to giving such feedback but we have just come back from a short holiday in the South West and stayed at the Bath House and felt we had to add our comments. Firstly we agree with the other comments about the food and accommodation, all first class and and it was brilliant. What we really appreciated throughout our stay, from the first greeting to saying good bye was the excellent service from everyone at the Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done so efficiently.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I'm delighted to say that the Bath House Hotel is maintaining, maybe even exceeding, the cracking standard they were setting themselves when I wrote my 2009 review.

In fact, it's even more impressive to be able to say it now because the place is still immaculate with no signs of wear so obviously the owners are paying attention to maintaining its immaculate condition.

Breakfast is still excellent - substantial enough to set you up for the day and still beautifully prepared and presented.

Absolutely the best place to stay in Chard (I've tried four over the years) and worth going out of your way to experience.

Room Tip: All different - look at the photos on the hotel website to see what suits your taste. I prefer the Hollywood not only for the decor but for the windows that open onto Holyrood Street but the Executive offers a little more space if you're traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jonat1x
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Bath House for six months Monday to Friday when working on contract in Dorset. I can honestly say that it was a pleasure and a privilage to stay with such wonderful people. The accommodation is first class, the food is amazing and the staff superb.

I have never stayed in a place that made me feel so welcome. I am now working at home and must say I miss everybody, I felt part of the family.

Best of luck to all at the Bath House and keep up the great work. I will be back. Cheers Andy

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hidden upstairs from a Chinese restaurant, this hotel is an oasis of calm and class. The cosy rooms are beautifully styled, very clean and comfy.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, but unintrusive.

Breakfast was gorgeous! We had fresh fruit salad and an enormous cooked breakfast. All very well prepared and presented.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Londongirl261
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Have eaten here many, many times over the past five years and always thoroughly enjoyed the food, which never deviates from perfection. The staff never change, and always remember us, even though it could be more than six months between visits. However, had the opportunity to finally stay here overnight - very impressive room; everything you could expect from a 5* hotel but with wonderful personal touches. Spotlessley clean, with quality features. Karine is a superb hostess, and we will definately be making a return visit when next in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Executive Room - first thought was it was a small room, but it has a lovely ante-room which has a double wardrobe, a leather sofabed with co-ordinating cushions, personalised artwork and a flat screen TV, which is in addition to the flat screen TV and dressing table in the main bedroom. Bathroom spotless and superbly laid out, with added extras of shampoo/shower gel, cotton wool balls, bath salts and bubble bath. Towels beautifully soft and colour-cordinated with the rest of the room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple