Lol.travel
joachim c
Melbourne, Australia

Luxurious Stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 5, 2014
Even though definition of comfort is a personal preference but for me it was the perfect place for honeymoon. I went there in mid feb this year and took the honeymoon suite. When we entered the room the first thing my wife said was "WOW" She just fell in love with the room straight away. the room is marvelous with the best view of the Bay of Bengal. The room itself is cozy and the best part is the bathroom. The staffs are very down to earth and helpful and well mannered. They even helped us to set up our candle light dinner in the room even though its against their policy. The place is properly secured and wisely located. The private beach of the hotel is just 2 min walk. The only downside of the hotel is the food. The breakfast is nowhere up to the mark. They really have to improve the breakfast from monotonous cold paratha, vegi and chicken. The pool area is nice with a coffee lounge with it. It even has the massaging facility which really is a very good addition.
I would love to give this hotel 10/10 but I would only give it 9/10. The reason being is false marketing. When I booked the hotel I was told the lunch and dinner are buffet. But instead we had only selective menu with very few items. But I should say the quality is very good though. The hotel provides hot water but sometimes I had to call the reception for it.
Overall, the hotel is the best in Cox's Bazar. Long beach is good but is lacks privacy I would say cuz its next to the busy main road.
Date of stay: February 2014
Room Tip: rooms with the sea view balcony.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Besto-nagorik, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort, responded to this review
Responded May 4, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your visit and kind review on our property. Your review is very encouraging and we are more than delightful to make you feel home away home.

About the last 1/10th, I cordially like to mention that basically we do have buffet. But sometimes if varies due to several reasons like occupancy percentage, large banquet or corporate buffets. However, still our apology for the issue you mentioned.

The other part is the hot water, it is always available. But with due respect, I would like to share with you the hard-life of us: the tap water is fully treated that comes out of the bathroom taps. this adds a cost. With that, as recently electricity price tremendously increased, sometimes we do reduce electric consumption. As we serve hot water centrally, it consumes a lot of electrical energy. We recently have started to avoid unnecessary electrical burns to conserve energy and to reduce cost too. however some times the hot water remains turned on, and the other energy saving hour, that time just a single phone call will be enough to provide you the hot tap water. This is just due to energy conservation and overall cost reduction scheme only, that we do time to time based on traffic.
  • Trip.com
  • StayForLong
0.4 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
0.5 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
      C$55
    • Algotels
    1.1 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
    Free parking
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    15.2 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
    • Expedia.com
      C$88
    23.5 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
    View more hotels in Cox's Bazar
    All reviews curry leaf restaurant sea view rooftop bbq room service swimming pool egg station other hotels family members buffet breakfast food quality family trip balcony bangladesh hospitality services cox foods
    Selected filters
    Reviewed April 1, 2014

I came this hotel to attend a official meeting. Though the location of the hotel is good but the service is very poor. To check in the room they took 1 hour after get my room I found the lock of the room is not working. I informed them the problem and they change the room to lower grade inspite of same catagory room. I was not expecting that from the hotel front desk. In room there is no wi-fi.

Date of stay: April 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    4  Thank Zaved R
    Reviewed March 15, 2014

well this hotel was like the best at cox bazaar, i would say my stay was great and thanks to this hotel , went here for valentine's and i would say i enjoyed it well wih my family and friends as well.the food in this hotel isnt up to the par but omg the pastry quenches my thirst even when i think about it now.The best pastry i have ever tried in bangladesh , god i just remember we use to go their lounge in their ground floor for some really good desert (so if you have a sweet tooth like me , dont ever forget to try their pastries).Room is spacious and nice and the pool was good and also enjoyed all our cocktails by the pool.Good service , their sandwiches were good when you are just hanging out by the pool side.Overall no complaints good hotel with some good hospitality to make your stay better and ofcourse if follows the same track it has a very potential to be better in whatever it lacks now (Just the food i would say).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Alisha J
    Besto-nagorik, Owner at Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Ma'am,
    Simply, you are just invited to have the Pastry once again. The pastry chef has already been instructed to invent something new for you.

Thanking you,
    The Management Team!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

It is a big hotel with nice facilities, rooms are clean but service is very poor. It is not a sea facing hotel though you may have a glimpse of the sea from the window in the corridor. Best part is the complementary breakfast and you will certainly enjoy it. Worse part is their service specially check-in and check-out. It takes nearly an hour to checkout though we only stay 8 hours in the night. Management is extremely poor and the staffs are not fit to work in any hotel. So if service is in your list, think twice before check-in.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
    3  Thank Feeroz
    Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is really good and their commitment toward service is excellent. Try to get a seaview room, to enjoy more.The hotel people are very nice and helpful. The property is well maintained, but its expensive. Also, it is a bit expensive if you dine in. The breakfast is good, lots of variety. However, I did not like the dinner in the rooftop restaurant, the taste was bad. Nonetheless, It was one of the very best stay at Cox'sbazar

Date of stay: March 2013
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my family for the weekend. My stay there was extraordinary! The food there is marvellous! The swimming pool is a bit small but it's beautiful. The gym has a big space but less equipments. Watching the TV and doing exercise is great! I really want to visit it again.

Date of stay: May 2013