Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lost in Moments
Dhaka City, Bangladesh

Great hotel. Amazing experience

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 13, 2014
It was my first family vacation ever. I fly from Toronto to Bangladesh and took my whole family to vacation at Cox's Bazaar. We were 8 people and we booked 4 rooms. We got 50% discount because one of my family member work for the bank and employee from that bank can get this kind of package. We fly from Dhaka to cox's bazaar. We arrived at 12:00 pm and our complimentary transport from hotel was already waiting for us . Very comfortable bus with AC on it. We don't had to carry our luggage. As soon as we arrived at hotel our room was already ready for us.
I went to our room very clean, King size bed. I went to balcony with ocean view room little far but clear view. Washroom was very clean and it had everything you need. But shower area was little small.
Ac was working perfect;y. Free internet was ok. Tv had cable but not enough English channel .
We had breakfast include and next morning we went for it and there was lots of option and food quality was great. We enjoyed it very much.
Hotel have Bar at the rooftop and great ocean view. Everyone who work there all of them are really helpful and polite. There is security check at the front gate . Pool was perfect and with great ocean view.
Over all we had amazing time and great experience. I travel so many country and stayed lots of hotel and i must say this hotel surprise me . It was way better than my expectation. i must say i recommend this hotel for everyone.
Date of stay: May 2014
Room Tip: Try to take top floor and ocean view room. You will love it. Elevator work perfectly so no...
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Algotels
    C$170
23.5 km from Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
View more hotels in Cox's Bazar
All reviews curry leaf restaurant sea view rooftop bbq room service swimming pool egg station other hotels family members buffet breakfast food quality family trip balcony bangladesh hospitality services cox foods
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A very well maintained Luxurious hotel, Great interior. Wonderful service. Very close to the beach. Great view of the sea from balcony. You will feel luxuriousness all through your stay. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adnanwsf
Reviewed April 22, 2014

It's was my first return to Cox's Bazar in 10 years. This hotel is one of the biggest there. We were picked up from the airport and dropped off and shown to our rooms after a short wait. I was very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the room. I had to remind myself that I was in Bangladesh, The place has changed a lot in 10 years, the standard of quality was very impressive. Breakfast was also good as well with a good range and choice of foods in the buffet.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Nawaz A
Reviewed April 18, 2014

It is not a resort but a hotel and is definitely spacious and well maintained. There is complimentary airport pick up and drop (as the airport is nearby). Once you arrive at the recpetion you will realize how large the portico is compared to other hotels.

Agreed that their check in system is a tad messy. But you will find the rooms clean and a working centralized AC. The room service is pretty quick and the food offered by the hotel is moderate to good and will suit palates of all kind.

Must appreciate their breaksfast spread and the rooftop bar that offers a vantge. Definitely worth a stay for all kind of travellers.

Room tip: Choose rooms or suits with balcony facing the sea.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Even though definition of comfort is a personal preference but for me it was the perfect place for honeymoon. I went there in mid feb this year and took the honeymoon suite. When we entered the room the first thing my wife said was "WOW" She just fell in love with the room straight away. the room is marvelous with the best view of the Bay of Bengal. The room itself is cozy and the best part is the bathroom. The staffs are very down to earth and helpful and well mannered. They even helped us to set up our candle light dinner in the room even though its against their policy. The place is properly secured and wisely located. The private beach of the hotel is just 2 min walk. The only downside of the hotel is the food. The breakfast is nowhere up to the mark. They really have to improve the breakfast from monotonous cold paratha, vegi and chicken. The pool area is nice with a coffee lounge with it. It even has the massaging facility which really is a very good addition.
I would love to give this hotel 10/10 but I would only give it 9/10. The reason being is false marketing. When I booked the hotel I was told the lunch and dinner are buffet. But instead we had only selective menu with very few items. But I should say the quality is very good though. The hotel provides hot water but sometimes I had to call the reception for it.
Overall, the hotel is the best in Cox's Bazar. Long beach is good but is lacks privacy I would say cuz its next to the busy main road.

Room tip: rooms with the sea view balcony.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Besto-nagorik, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your visit and kind review on our property. Your review is very encouraging and we are more than delightful to make you feel home away home.

About the last 1/10th, I cordially like to mention that basically we do have buffet. But sometimes if varies due to several reasons like occupancy percentage, large banquet or corporate buffets. However, still our apology for the issue you mentioned.

The other part is the hot water, it is always available. But with due respect, I would like to share with you the hard-life of us: the tap water is fully treated that comes out of the bathroom taps. this adds a cost. With that, as recently electricity price tremendously increased, sometimes we do reduce electric consumption. As we serve hot water centrally, it consumes a lot of electrical energy. We recently have started to avoid unnecessary electrical burns to conserve energy and to reduce cost too. however some times the hot water remains turned on, and the other energy saving hour, that time just a single phone call will be enough to provide you the hot tap water. This is just due to energy conservation and overall cost reduction scheme only, that we do time to time based on traffic.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I came this hotel to attend a official meeting. Though the location of the hotel is good but the service is very poor. To check in the room they took 1 hour after get my room I found the lock of the room is not working. I informed them the problem and they change the room to lower grade inspite of same catagory room. I was not expecting that from the hotel front desk. In room there is no wi-fi.

Date of stay: April 2014