We arrived at this hotel 8 days ago and scheduled to leave on Thursday so thought it best to leave a review whilst we are staying at Hotel Dorian.
* a very quiet hotel in a quiet location with a good view of the beach aligned with restaurants.
* Nick & Greg on reception are extremely helpful. Greg always refers to us as "friends" and not guests.
* The rooms are spacious with a patio that opens up to a (cold) plunge pool and at least 3 loungers. You feel like you have your own personal space to sunbathe, though you are sharing it with 4 other rooms. Our little area is really quiet as people use the main loungers by the bigger pool.
* bearing in mind this is peak season there is no fighting for the sun loungers like most other hotels we've stayed in. The pool is hardly used!
* with all due to respect to British (we are also British) there are mainly Americans staying at this hotel which we prefer.
* you can order take away food from the hotel.
Now the cons....
* we find the breakfast just ok. Not a lot of selection for meat eaters. The few sausages that are there are few and far between so you have to get there early.
* there is no entertainment and only a few English speaking channels on TV!
* they have a kitchen so we dont understand why they dont offer dinner options.
Pls note that Mykonos is VERY expensive!! The buses get you around ok but be advised that they look like the equivalent of the English coaches! They always come around 15mins after that stated time.
Mykonos town is nice and the restaurants there are better than the ones in Ornos by the beach!
Hope this helps.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Dorion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorion Hotel Ornos
- Hotel Dorion Mykonos/Ornos