My husband and I have recently come back from the Evason Hua Hin, having stayed there for 6 nights.
I feel the resort is certainly the best choice in the Hua Hin area, if we were to come back to this part of Thailand, we would certainly stay there again. However, having previously visited the Six Senses Koh Samui, we were left not quite satisfied.
The Evason/Six Senses Hua Hin is certainly less exclusive than other resorts from the chain – and as such feels less personal and not quite as well ran. We have stayed at an Evason pool villa and have found the villa service inconsistent (there were days when we would miss fresh towels, the fruit bowl would not be replenished or the evening turn down service would simply not arrive…) – all this was immediately rectified through by a phone call to our butler (who was incredibly throughout our stay – thank you Khun Tae!) – however none of this should not have been necessary.
Even though the staff working at the resort were incredibly helpful and polite, they also seemed very young and inexperienced, in many cases lacking sufficient command of the English language. This was endearing in some instances, however made arranging services/extracting information/asking for advice challenging to say the least. Again, not something one would expect from the Six Senses brand.
The pool villa we stayed in was small but charming. It had everything that one could need – privacy, plunge pool, outdoor lounge area and outdoor bath & shower. The look of the resort is very environmentally friendly, and we would not expect a pristine finish, but there is no escaping the fact that villas need a face lift. (the bath tap & pool had cracks which meant some ant traffic).
On the positive side, the resort grounds are impeccable. It felt like walking around in a nature reserve – there are a number fish filled ponds on the grounds (including one surrounding one of the public bathrooms – stunning idea), bird & turtle residents and an uncountable number of beautifully maintained plants. There are numerous things to do within the resort (excursions, bike hire, tennis, yoga & thai chi classes), also Hua Hin is a short hike away, so it’s difficult to get bored and also the price is quite good value for money (sings bar, just outside the resort, is great for arranging trips and taxis and having a quick meal/drink)
The buffet breakfast is outstanding – there is a huge selection to suit anyone (from a fresh egg, pancake and thai soup station, through a number of freshly baked breads and pastries along with a selection of homemade jams, fresh fruit, sushi, rices… perfection).
However there is NO BEACH at the resort (a 3m man-made sand strip by the road, followed by some concrete steps slotted between rocks into an even rockier sea) and nothing in close proximity. This is very much a lounge by the pool & explore mainland Thailand type of stay.
The one thing I would mention though, after inspecting 2 of the six senses villas– I would definitely recommend staying on the Evason side. Everything is within walking distance, whilst maintaining privacy, the breakfast is better and the villa seems to have a more thought through layout. Considering the most basic six senses villa is a roughly £1000 more expensive for 7 nights than Evason, I would not say it is worth the money.
All in all a very good stay but the resort still has some way to go to live up to the Six Senses brand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi