I have just returned from 2 weeks at this great hotel.!!
We finally arrived after a long journey to Bangkok, via Qatar, and then over 3 hours on the road to the hotel!! But it was worth it.
I have never been to a place before where I did practically nothing. We usually rest for a couple of days and then get trains, internal flights etc to see the sights. This time we rested for a few days and 12 days later were still resting!!
There is no getting away from the fact that the rooms do need a bit of a refurb and are looking tired, but this did not deflect from the fact that the place is great. All the staff are so friendly and can not do enough for you. The rooms are spotless and the grounds are just wonderful. The rooms (and we stuck with the basic room which was absolutely fine) had cotton bathrobes, a beach bag and umbrellas (which unfortuntaley we needed!) there was dispensers of shower gel, body lotion shampoo etc, which was lovely fresh natural stuff.
The breakfasts were to die for! I could have spent 2 hours a day on breakfast. Loads of food stations with everything you could want. The bread is baked fresh every day as are the cakes and pastries. You really must try the almond croissant!!
We only eat once on the evening in the hotel. I can really recommend the Very Good Restaurant. Go out to the beach road and turn right and keep going until you reach it on the right. Food was exceptional and so cheap. We did eat a couple of times at the good view (few doors down from the very good) but preferred the very good.
Hotel has bikes to hire, and roads are really quite so it is quite safe.
Went into Hua Hin a few times by taxi from the people along the beach road. It was 600 baht and they waited 3 hours for us to return.
Once again, a great place and I cannot remember when I last enjoyed a holiday so much.
Thanks to the staff at the hotel who spotted my husbands birthday cards and brought round a birthday cake on the night and sang happy birthday to him!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi