All reviews old style benicassim festival spa luxury indoor retreat town cycle taxis
Reviewed May 14, 2018

If you don't speak a basic minimum of Spanish, don't go here - you will be totally frustrated!
If you want to learn Spanish fast, then you're in for a true total immersion!
And if you're trying to loose weight, beware of the constant temptation of the central buffet for the regular guests!
Rooms are lovely all with a sea view, but some of the spa amenities are not maintained/repaired. You're on your own for entertainment!
Sadly, not what you'd expect from a 4-star resort.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Authentic hotel, some people might find it old style though. It was non peak season so it was quiet and relaxing, not sure what the situation is during peak season. Love the indoor spa seawater pool, sauna, steam room, and can go to aqua fitness, yoga etc and treatment such as massage. Quite friendly staff even they don't speak English. Basic breakfast with some local speciality. Haven't tried the dinner at hotel but heard it's not as good as the opposite restaurant owned by the same owner.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YimMiy
Reviewed October 20, 2017

We stayed here for Benicassim festival which was a mistake as it is so far away from the festival site! We thought we would get taxis but this proved very hard. The hotel itself is great, the pool is lovely and the decor is very nice too. It has a very good spa with lots of facilities and a great view over the beach. The town itself is pretty limited but the hotel is lovely I would recommend...but not if you are going for the festival.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Antiquated installations. Terrible client service, especially in the Spa. Desperately in need of an expensive renovations to bring it up to even mediocre standards. Keep looking, you will find something better...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is a really lovely place - great setting overlooking the beach, wonderful seawater pool, nice rooms - but I (sadly) speak only English. Other good points include: a really comfortable bed, strong shower, and a lovely ambience. However, there was extremely little guidance, either written or from the staff, available in English, and that caused some problems. The treatment centre is a warren of rooms on two levels, with no signage in English and it is difficult to know where to go for what. I noticed new arrivals getting guided tours - always in Spanish - that were not offered to us. Many notices, such as activity classes in the pool or gym were only in Spanish, although some placed in the lifts were in English, but often a day or two out of date. Some classes were never listed. Please don't get me wrong, the staff were, almost without exception, friendly and tried to help, sometimes with a little English, and sometimes with none. But that didn't make up for feeling, especially initially, lost and out of the loop - a quite expensive loop at that. I might feel I am being a little unreasonable, after all I had gone to a hotel in Spain and then complained that they only spoke Spanish! However, the hotel is marketed by a UK "wellness holidays" company, and there is a decidedly medical slant to the offer - which is what I signed up for. At one - hilarious in retrospect - treatment, I changed back into my clothes after showering after a treatment, only to discover that it was actually mid-treatment and I should have done something completely different. Only a great deal of signing from the totally non-English speaking therapist persuaded me to disrobe again and get back on the treatment table. It was also disappointing to go into the gym in the afternoons to find only the running machines switched on, and no-one there at all. The cycles were turned off and unplugged. It's a bit sad really, because I'm sure that if I had spoken Spanish, I would have loved it all, but as it was, I feel that I didn't get value for money on what was a reasonably expensive holiday. Oh, and a final moan: I've never been to a hotel this expensive and had such horrid shower gel and body lotion. I wish I'd taken a massive bottle of Intensive Care like my friend did. In the final analysis, I came home feeling good and a little lighter, but as if we could have chosen better.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends