“You Must Stop Here”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 April 2017

While driving out to Diefenbunker we passed this crowded restaurant. We stopped as we were driving back. The food is all home made, bountiful, and on a wide range menu. You must order first, then sit at your table. You can order sandwiches or meals, soups or salads, desserts, and a wide variety of beverages. We were able to purchase items to take in the car with us. We entered it was crowded, we left it was crowded. We willingly shared our table with other guests. We were not sure of the vegan or gluten free offerings. Cookies were excellent.

1  Thank 24thIDTraveller
There are newer reviews for Alice's Village Cafe

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Alice 's is my go to place in Carp for good, hearty, canadian comfort food in a relaxed and borderline upscale setting. Food is prepared quickly and comes hot and ready to eat. You order at the front takeout counter, pay, take a number to your table and the servers will bring it to you. It gets busy around lunch time so make sure you're prepared to look around a bit for a table and parking during rush hour.

The Fitzroy Harbour burger, Tuna melt, daily soups are always a good bet. The house chips are a bit greasy for my tastes (the wife thinks they use old oil, but I think it's because they're so busy the oil gets old quickly), and the soup can be a bit salty but we temper it by adding a bit of hot water to it if it is the case.

Princes are reasonable but not fast food level. Typical meal for 2 with coffee or beers will run over $45.

1  Thank Johnnyceecee
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Stopped here on the weekend for lunch and it was great. I had never been before so I wasn't clear on how it worked there, but after a waitress told me to choose a seat and then order myself from the counter it was on. Good beers on tap and they served me an awesome burger. My daughter had the grilled cheese and my mum had the flatbread pizza and they were all excellent.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Excellent location with reasonable parking. Friendly and helpful staff. Fresh, quality food and good sized portions. Great selection of desserts, as well. A bit of a cottage feel.

1  Thank excobra_driver
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This is our go to place for breakfast. We probably tried everything on the menu. Our favourite is the Breakfast SAMMY which is a 2 fried egg sandwich. It comes on multigrain bread with cheese tomato and lettuce. There are potatoes on the side. We are not big eaters so we split this and then indulge in a "big nasty" which their cinnamon bun. We start off with a large coffee latte It's perfect for us.
We have been there for lunch as well. Great options to choose from. The also have an open mic night too where locals share their musical talent.
ENJOY!!!