Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2019

Now called Tilting Harbour B&B. This B&B was very disappointing. The place needed updating in a major way. Peeling linoleum floors in the bedroom, peeling paint in the ensuite and moisture issues in the shower, the grounds need maintenance (a milk carton with weeds growing out of it sitting out front by the water), waterside deck and furniture in need of work, host was on his phone most of the time and not engaged. A couple of good points: Breakfast tasted good and he did find me a needle and thread which I desperately needed. I must say that the most disappointing thing was, upon our arrival, Tom was quick to say that he had just received some portable fans he had ordered and that they were in the trunk of his car (this was an unusually hot and humid summer in NFLD). Although his car was parked out front of the place the whole time we were there (2 nights), and despite my reminding him about the fans, he never brought them in. The nights were very hot in the old saltbox house. I also have to agree 100% with Harry W Oct 2017 review.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2019

Used to be Foley's B&B, now Tilting Harbour B&B. Gerard Foley still lives across the road, but Tommy runs the place now. He's hands on, makes incredible scones that he serves with a fine breakfast. Its rooms are small, there are no closets, and we have liked staying here since Fogo Island had few places to stay and the Foley's turned her childhood home into the B&B. Everything is on the harbor here, and the town is one of our favorite places to hike, birdwatch, talk with local folks (some of whom have become friends), read, and rest. We stay a week at each stay now, and the rates are reasonable. Try Scoff, the fine restaurant in next-town-over Joe Batt's Arm, or Growlers, the JBA ice cream shop. Stop by the fancy Fogo Island Inn for a look-see at how the other half lives and visits. Have lunch in Fogo town at Bang Belly café. Take a boat ride on the Katanja out of JBA. Enjoy this wonderful island where there is nothing to do, and everything to experience.

Room tip: Upstairs on the left at the end is our favorite (small) green-painted harbor view room
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

It would have been much better if Tom had been there when we arrived. In fairness, I learned the next day that he had sent me a text or whatsapp earlier in the day to ask our arrival time. For those of us who do not obsessively check messages and the like on our smart phones, a phone call would be much better, or a note on the door. When on vacation I try to use my phone less, not unreasonable to my thinking. But he and the B & B were otherwise fine, the place was reasonably comfortable, and breakfast in order and as expected. Cleanliness and appurtenances were appropriate. Tom has a reputation for being an excellent cook/chef. He asked if we would be interested in joining him and others for dinner and we said yes. The dinner was the highlight of our stay, incredible in fact. My wife's baked cod was the best she had eaten in her life, perfectly prepared with kale, seasoned, and cooked. His homemade pumpkin gnocci and turkey meatballs were delicious, as was dessert. We brought our own wine. I would be tempted to return if I knew that he would be preparing dinner. Price of lodging and dinner was appropriate.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Mezcal_Tours
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We spent Thanksgiving weekend here and had a wonderful time. The entire house is very comfortable. Our room was cozy and had it's own ensuite bathroom (all of the rooms do). It is in a great location in Tilting with a lovely view of the harbour. Very close to excellent hiking trails. Tom is an exceptional host and he gave us good recommendations He also cooked us a delicious Cod dinner. And I must mention his freshly made Partridgeberry scones - legendary!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank LoBuzz13
Reviewed May 20, 2018

All the positive adjectives!!! - beautiful and accessible location, great deal, delicious food, gregarious host, perfect balance of hospitality and privacy. The B&B is easy to find, walking distance to breathtakingly scenic hiking, right on the harbor, picturesque sunrise view every day. Tom is an exceptional baker, accommodating all needs, and a wealth of knowledge for all doings on the island. The private en suite bathrooms and comfortable rooms ensure privacy when you want it, yet there is a common sitting area for when you want to be more social. Can't recommend enough!

Room tip: Queen rooms have harbour view (with sunrise).
Date of stay: March 2018